Talk

Advanced search

Glucose tolerance test

(13 Posts)
Hairgician Mon 12-Feb-18 10:30:04

So had my 28wk appt today. Saw registrar. Getting booked in for cs at my 34/35week appt 😁
Scanned today and this baby seems to measuring big. Reg explained it as being due to the growth chart for this one being adjusted based on first baby. So, now I have to go back on Thurs for gtt . Not looking forward to hanging around the surgery for 2 hrs! My urine was all clear today and always has been. Think he just doing it to rule it out. What's likelihood it is gd based on that? Given measurements aren't always accurate?

ijustwannadance Mon 12-Feb-18 10:39:21

I had GD after 2 clear tests. I went home in the 2 hours but was close by.

Hairgician Mon 12-Feb-18 10:43:22

Really? Bugger. Would be far handler if I could leave and come back. The chairs aren't really comfy down there.

TobleroneBoo Mon 12-Feb-18 10:44:17

I had GTT just before Xmas, all clear but they made it known that I could still get it. I took my Ipad and chilled inbetween each test

bluechameleon Mon 12-Feb-18 11:06:37

Nothing ever showed up in my urine dips before I was diagnosed with GD. The size measuring is all nonsense though. With DS1 I just had the bump measuring and he measured only 1cm over every time - he came out 11lb11oz. With DS2 I had growth scans and they predicted around 11lb. He was 9lb4oz.

gryffen Mon 12-Feb-18 17:32:13

Tests can come back clear but GD can develop at anytime so just be aware of symptoms and ask everything at appointment.

We aren't allowed to leave the hospital during our tests (we get two) so bring a book and snacks for afterwards

villainousbroodmare Mon 12-Feb-18 17:35:47

I wasn't allowed to leave... live virtually next door but no. Long two hours.

Hairgician Mon 12-Feb-18 18:14:20

My bump wasn't measured they scanned me. Def taking snacks for after cos I will be starving by then. Do you get results there and then? The reg also said the threshold for positive results has been lowered so along with that and testing more ladies now they are picking up more positives.

TobleroneBoo Tue 13-Feb-18 07:11:31

No the results get sent off like normal bloods, results were available at my next midwife appointment

Onlytribe Tue 13-Feb-18 07:18:51

The first time I got the result was the day after. Think I was tested at 29 weeks.
The second time I knew I had it and I called them on Monday to check if they had the result. I was only 16 weeks!
Good luck for today

Hairgician Tue 13-Feb-18 10:44:35

Ffs id rather know on the day! They were very keen to get me in this week as am 28wks now. Due back at 31wks again so prob hear then.

Onlytribe Tue 13-Feb-18 10:47:07

With my hospital they call us the next day or so. When doing the bloods, they double, triple check that they have the correct telephone number & write it again on the blood request thingy. They don't wait until the next appointment as that could be weeks away. Ask them when you do the test.

Onlytribe Tue 13-Feb-18 10:48:20

I just remembered with my first, they called me on a saturday at around 4pm. I had the test done on the friday morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now