Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Unusual feeling

(3 Posts)
mum2bemay22 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:23:23

I’ve been having this really unusual feeling for weeks now under what I think is my ribs. It’s not painful but it’s really uncomfortable. The only way to describe it is almost like a fizzy sensation. I know this probably makes absolutely no sense but it won’t go away! It gets worse when I sleep on my side but it goes away when I move onto my back (yes I know it’s not advised). I tried to speak to my midwife about it as I thought perhaps it was baby but she said it was no relation to baby as my uterus wasn’t that far up yet (I’m 26 weeks) and that she’s never heard of what I’m talking about and dismissed it which has annoyed me as I’m in discomfort with it. I was just wondering if anyone else had been experiencing this or had it? I know I probably haven’t described it amazingly well but I can’t put my finger on what it feels like! Helpppp!

Bluebirdsky Mon 12-Feb-18 10:33:27

If it's not related to your uterus then I would suggest seeing your GP in case it is something non pregnancy related.

hewie Mon 12-Feb-18 14:52:22

Check with the doctor but I know that as I got bigger my stomach rose (I’m 39 weeks now and it’s almost under my armpit!!!!! I could hear my food digesting weeks ago just under my ribs and could feel my food being processed there too!!!!!!! Very weird I know but perhaps have a big meal, drink and then sit still and listen/feel if the fizzing starts up!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: