Talk

Advanced search

Best hypnobirthing tracks on youtube?

(10 Posts)
blinkineckmum Sun 11-Feb-18 23:28:51

I'm 35 weeks so not long to go, but life's pretty stressful and I wonder if I should give hypnobirthing a go? I am a natural cynic, and very busy. I won't be doing a course or anything. But is there something I can dip in and out of? Not American please... I just had a go with Tracy somebody who had a nice voice, but lost patience when she told me I'd been in a rainbow for 100 years...

mindutopia Mon 12-Feb-18 10:06:00

I wouldn't waste your time with the weird stuff on YouTube. Download the natal hypnotherapy birth prep tracks (by Maggie Howell). You can buy on their website and download straight to itunes or whatever you use. The problem with some of the weird stuff you find out there for free is it isn't actually hypnotherapy. It's just some weird person saying weird fruity stuff. You want a clinically tested programme designed by a proper, real hypnotherapist. Natal hypnotherapy is wonderful. I used it for my first birth and also during my current pregnancy. I think it made such a difference. I was so comfortable and relaxed and I didn't find labour at all painful really. I had a lovely all natural home birth with just a TENS machine. The only uncomfortable part was pushing, but the rest was fine and relatively easy. I can't recommend it enough. It's not free, but it's not expensive. I think it's probably like 10 quid for the download?

blinkineckmum Mon 12-Feb-18 10:12:28

Ok. Good advice. Thanks

Dottieroses Mon 12-Feb-18 10:13:59

I found Siobhan from The Positive Birth Company extremely helpful. She teaches hypnobirthing classes in real life but has made these free videos. She has loads of fantastic videos, breathing, positions, including explaining the anatomy and physiology of birth to help you understand what's happening to your body.

Here's a link: m.youtube.com/channel/UCEokgwT84Us5yrVvxdMyKSw

I hope that works. If not just type the positive birth company into you tube and they all come up 🙂

Hope that helps 🙂

blinkineckmum Mon 12-Feb-18 10:16:00

Thanks so much. I'll give it a go tonight.

Potteryprincess30 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:45:45

@Dottieroses I love that woman! I think the companies Devon based too which is whee I was born and bred. I love her videos smile

Potteryprincess30 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:46:23

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbAx5GgYL2Y

Potteryprincess30 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:46:46

www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCJaoFSSOg&t=3s

Potteryprincess30 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:47:30

Down and up breathing, very simple, very essential and in us all to do without going on a course ect. Really helped me last time and had a great labour smile

blinkineckmum Mon 12-Feb-18 13:34:05

Thank you both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now