Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else single and pregnant?

(3 Posts)
Cherrytree6 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:54:46

Long story but here I go. Me and my ex were together for 10 years (married for 7) we had ivf and I’m now 4 months pregnant and he has left me for another woman. I literally have no idea where he is but I don’t really care I’m happy to raise the baby on my own but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit scared. I’m worried about going to antenatal classes alone, living alone, should I go back to my parents, giving birth alone, how will 8 manage money if I can’t go back to work. Anyone got any advice/experience of what I should do?

RosaBaby2 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:01:40

First of all congratulations, your current situation is obviously not one you planned for, well apart from the fact you’re going to have a beautiful baby.

I’m single and pregnant (28weeks), I also have a 10 year old and have been on my own with him since 5months old. I didn’t work when my son was born but I do now and have already been looking in to nursery places ready for 2019, pricing up, planning how to manage and survive on maternity pay etc.

I don’t have all the answers as I’m not sure of your finances etc but I’m pretty sure you won’t need to move back with your parents unless you want to of course. You don’t need a man to bring up a baby with, but is there any chance he will still want to be involved with baby? Will you be able to claim maintenance?

Really don’t worry about going to ante natal classes alone, you could take a friend or parent instead. I attend lots of things alone and it is fine.

I take it as a blessing that I found out what a douche baby’s dad is early enough to deal with the prospect of being on my own before baby comes. Yeah I still have days where I think I can’t do it, but I will do it, and you will too!

Cherrytree6 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:58:13

Hi RosaBaby2 sounds like you have everything figured out, I don’t necessarily need to move back in with my parents it’s just I’m a bit worried about the cost of childcare and paying rent having just spent most of my savings on the IVF. I had planned to take a year off work but obviously I won’t be able to do that now, I don’t think he is going to be involved at all and no chance of maintenance as I have no idea where he is. I’m 30 next week, how old are you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: