Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Sleeping positions and eating habits

(4 Posts)
Markygirl1995 Sun 11-Feb-18 16:46:50

Just found out I’m pregnant and would like some advice is sleeping on side/tummy ok? And also my boyfriend likes to binge on the weekends and I try to stay healthy but feel like I got drawn into malteasers and haribos. I really want a healthy pregnant with no risks as I had a miscarriage December any help??

TheCaptainsCat Sun 11-Feb-18 17:24:54

Sleeping on your front is fine but most likely will become uncomfortable! Sides are also fine, in the third trimester you should try not to fall asleep on your back because it can decrease the blood supply to your uterus and therefore, your baby. Sleeping on your left side is best in later pregnancy.

Junk food doesn't cause miscarriage, but obviously a healthy diet is 'optimal' grin

Pittcuecothecookbook Sun 11-Feb-18 17:27:46

It doesn't matter how you sleep for quite a few weeks yet - I'm assuming if you just found out you are only around 6 or 7 weeks? I'm 23 weeks and just started to feel uncomfortableon my front and have started to sleep on my right side.

You can eat sweets when pregnant but if you want to keep it to a minimum then just think about what's best for the baby and fill the house with healthy alternatives.

mindutopia Sun 11-Feb-18 19:25:51

You can sleep however you want for now. Ideally you should start to sleep on your side by 3rd trimester (or when it becomes uncomfortable). But no reason to worry about it now. I'd enjoy sleeping however you want until you need to change it up.

Do your best to eat healthy, but don't stress about it. I generally eat pretty healthy, pregnant or not, but I went through a few weeks in 1st tri of eating a packet of haribo several days a week because I was craving sour sweets. It passed and I got back to eating normally soon after. Just make sure you're taking folic acid and vitamin d or ideally a good quality pregnancy vitamin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now