Talk

Advanced search

Is fruit shoot ok to drink for my sweet cravings?

(12 Posts)
ChippedVarnish Sun 11-Feb-18 16:00:46

Just that really! I’ve been having one a day and wasn’t sure due to the sweeteners etc

FissionChips Sun 11-Feb-18 17:06:17

Of course it’s ok, what do you think will happen if you have sweeteners? Baby grow a third arm?confused

ChippedVarnish Sun 11-Feb-18 17:14:10

Lol I dunno people go mental over giving them to kids. I’m assuming if a glass of wine is ok a fruit shoot is

BrutusMcDogface Sun 11-Feb-18 18:52:20

Why don't you have a glass of fruit juice instead? Much more sugary but probably better for you! My sicky feeling goes away when I drink apple juice 😊

BrutusMcDogface Sun 11-Feb-18 18:53:17

A big bottle of squash would be much cheaper and is the same as fruit shoots, too. But saying all that, if you want fruit shoots, have them!

coffeeforone Sun 11-Feb-18 18:56:02

I find when I crave something sweet it needs to be real sugar, so fresh fruit juice, or coke (rather than sugar free stuff like fruit shoots and Diet Coke!)

But in answer to your question, drinking fruit shoot won’t do you any harm!

mamaryllis Sun 11-Feb-18 18:57:15

It's fine, but only if you also have a greggs sausage roll.

mindutopia Sun 11-Feb-18 19:19:56

Yes, but they are silly expensive. I would just have normal no sugar added squash as that's all they are (in a tiny, overpriced bottle). Or just drink a bit of juice.

BertieBotts Sun 11-Feb-18 20:12:54

It's not going to harm you/the baby but they are full of rubbish, it's not much different from drinking something like coke or fanta, so not good if it's all you're drinking. Squash would be better for you. However as a treat, no issue!

gryffen Sun 11-Feb-18 21:43:14

Totally fine, little trick though- refill the bottles with squash and saves the cash- it works with our 3yr old lol.

I must have about 3 cans of Pepsi max a day ontop of milk and squash bit the PM helps my nausea so ppfft.

If some people have a drink or smoke in pregnancy or eat foods on the be aware list the fruit shoots are fine.

ChippedVarnish Tue 13-Feb-18 11:42:02

Thanks everyone I’ll keep it to one a day and refil! I’ll keep up the Greggs sausage rolls too grin

gryffen Tue 13-Feb-18 13:44:47

Hehehe- add a fudge donut in occasionally- your pregnant and need the treat! 😘😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: