Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Fetal movrment stopped

(16 Posts)
SamanthaH92 Sun 11-Feb-18 14:50:04

Hi ladies,
I am 16+5 weeks pregnant atm. I had started feeling movment, little kicks for three days when i drank something cold, fizzy or ate something sugary. Even just laying in bed little one would kick but for the past 5 days i haven't felt one tiny movement and i am starting to worry. I know its early and this is my second baby. Should i be so worried? Or will baby have moved to somewhere i can't feel her/him? I can't get to see my midwife till hopefully tuesday at the latest. I don't even have a phone number for her.

mollifly Sun 11-Feb-18 14:51:37

Baby is tiny at the moment so very easy to be hiding and you not feel it. Normally movements won't be monitored until after 28 weeks however call your midwife anyway if you are worried.

Caspiana Sun 11-Feb-18 14:51:47

No I don’t think you should be worried. I went to triage at 21 weeks with reduced movement and they said prior to 24 weeks it is likely to just be where baby is positioned. I don’t want to put you off seeking professional advice but in the meantime try not to worry smile

EatingSatsumas Sun 11-Feb-18 14:53:59

I think it is generally said that movement isn’t regular or in a reliable pattern at that stage but my baby died after reduced movements so I am going to advise you to get it checked out to be on the safe side. I really hope everything is ok and although I would always see a pregnant woman wasting everyone’s time than going through what I did, please do be comforted that the baby is so small at this stage it is easy for them to move into a position where you can’t feel them.

SamanthaH92 Sun 11-Feb-18 14:55:56

I think i will wait out till tuesday and hope she will see me then. I am hoping she will check for heartbeat as she didn't at last apointment but baby was moving then. I have had two miscarriages, all before 12 weeks so i worry a lot. But no pain or bleeding so that is a good sign x

SamanthaH92 Sun 11-Feb-18 14:58:14

EatingSatsumas i am sorry for your loss 😔 baby actually stopped moving the day my grandad died. If i had my midwifes number i would text or ring her but i only have the numbers for the delivery suite and another one that i don't think i should ring x

EatingSatsumas Sun 11-Feb-18 14:59:35

Please don’t rely on finding the heartbeat as meaning everything is ok. Movements are a much more accurate indication and can slow down (or possibly increase) when there is a problem. Prompt action at this stage can make a huge difference and you’ll never know if you rely on a doppler.

SamanthaH92 Sun 11-Feb-18 15:00:46

I don't have a doppler at home. I would just think thats what the midwife would do instead of sending me for a scan.

EatingSatsumas Sun 11-Feb-18 15:04:21

The hospital won’t scan for reduced movements. They hook you up to a monitor that checked heart rate, heart rate fluctuation and movements or contractions.

BertieBotts Sun 11-Feb-18 15:06:26

Eating - I think they only do that after 24 weeks, don't they? I'm not sure they'd even see OP at 16 weeks since not everyone is even feeling movement by then.

Mathmatical Sun 11-Feb-18 15:06:27

They do scan for reduced movements. I had one. Then they hooked me up to the monitor for an hour. Though at this stage baby's movements aren't in a reliable pattern. I'd always err on the side of caution and call the day suite.

RLOU88 Sun 11-Feb-18 15:10:35

I am 20weeks today and still often don’t feel my baby for a few days (his movements are so small that when they happen I might be busy and less alert to them so miss them). When I once got concerned I drunk ice cold water and waited for a while and it seemed to do the trick. I am sure all is well but do call the midwife if you are stressing x

SamanthaH92 Sun 11-Feb-18 15:13:53

My partner says to call doctors in the morning and try get in there after looking at a leaflet from the midwife it says to go to your gp for early pregnancy problems.

SamanthaH92 Mon 12-Feb-18 12:01:14

Just an update. Booked in with my gp this morning. He was very helpful and put my mind at rest (for now lol) couldn't find babys heart beat at first, only mine. After what felt like forever he found it. So i am a bit more relaxed now xx

Caspiana Mon 12-Feb-18 13:40:39

Thanks for updating, great that you’ve been reassured flowers

SamanthaH92 Mon 12-Feb-18 13:55:04

Yeah i was relaxing but now i am having a pressure sort of feeling in my vagina. I have had this before when i had a miscarriage early on. I am hoping its nothing and just trying to put my feet up seen as i have had the heart beat checked and baby was quite low down xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: