Talk

Advanced search

Baby and toddler show 2018

(11 Posts)
Babybear1117 Sun 11-Feb-18 09:35:47

Hi all,
Been looking at getting tickets to the baby and toddler show in Manchester. Has anyone been before or to similar? Is it worth going or not? Heard they give out a lot of freebies and plenty of offers on?
Xx

Twitchett22 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:31:18

I went to the one in September, it was ok. I wasn't very far gone at the time so didn't really want to buy much, but they did have offers on various things, especially prams and car seats. We also got a really good deal on a newborn photo shoot. It depends what kind of stuff you want, they had loads of advice on slings and carriers, first aid and things like that. I wouldn't go again but it's definitely worth going once. It only takes a couple of hours to look round, great for getting you excited for baby though!

charley39 Sun 11-Feb-18 11:50:54

We went last October and found it was a great way of saving money on the bigger items such as the next2me and nursery furniture. We came home with loads of stuff it was very easy to get carried away! We had already bought our pushchair but looked like good deals to be had on them aswell. I would agree it depends on how far gone you will be and how you feel about buying stuff early etc.

Babybear1117 Sun 11-Feb-18 20:15:09

Thanks twitchett and Charley. I will be about 27 weeks by the time. We've got our pushchair/travel system but I keep thinking it's a day out and will get us more excited!
It's only a matter of pounds to go and apparently a few freebies and I'm interested in seeing the things new to the market grin

BertieBotts Sun 11-Feb-18 20:19:59

I went to one years ago with DS, I had a lovely time, it was so exciting! If you like looking around baby shops, it's just like that but it's giant and they have so many more things.

I don't remember getting many freebies but did find lots of stuff I wouldn't have thought about otherwise.

Itsjustaphase84 Sun 11-Feb-18 20:25:59

I went to one in 2014 and 2017. Lots of freebies but i tend to shop around for the cheapest and had most of my bigger items already.

Twitchett22 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:38:15

I got some money off entry through emmas diary, can't remember how much but worth a look!

CL1982 Sun 11-Feb-18 22:14:18

Personally I wouldn't go for the freebies but we loved it for scoping stuff like prams etc for the baby smile Plus it was actually a really fun day out! Even DH enjoyed it. We went for the pregnancy 2 baby show in Bristol and it was fab. So I'd say go and enjoy!

Babybear1117 Sun 11-Feb-18 23:00:43

Yes twitchett I have a code - thanks!
Thanks everyone sounds like it's worth going! We have a few of the bigger bits but definitely a day out and see what's on offer! Like you I hunt around for the best prices when I know what I want! Xx

Schnapps00 Mon 09-Apr-18 18:01:42

Hi, not sure if this is allowed here but have a couple of spare tickets going to this if anyone is interested: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323199434790?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Bluebirdsky Mon 09-Apr-18 18:08:09

I went to the one in London in February and thought it was really good, great to see so many products under one roof and we got a great deal on a travel system.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: