Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

What chair for the nursery?

(7 Posts)
sirlee66 Sun 11-Feb-18 07:26:15

FTM

Looking to put a chair in the baby's room so I have somewhere to BF/FF

On a bit of a budget but also looking for comfort.

Any suggestions?

gryffen Sun 11-Feb-18 16:13:00

Charity shops are your friend as well as Facebook local sales and baby sales (we have Jack and Jill sales in scotland).

We have a rolling rocker chair (glider chair) and it was great for a week and then it was easier downstairs unless I was helping her fall asleep.

Ours cost about £50 and we will be passing it on in a year or so after our next wee one is born due to space.

Bubbinsmakesthree Sun 11-Feb-18 16:15:23

IKEA poang or a second hand glider chair

awankstainonhumanity Sun 11-Feb-18 16:16:19

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/armchairs/stocksund-armchair-tallmyra-blue-black-wood-spr-09129305/

We bought this in a different fabric.

It isn't cheap but it's nice and wide so very comfortable and it'll be the chair we use when reading a story as he gets older.

The traditional glider chair with footstool can usually be picked up second hand for about £40 but aren't that comfortable once baby gets bigger!

Buxbaum Sun 11-Feb-18 17:27:13

Whatever you get, sit in it first and check that you can get up again without using your arms and whilst holding something around the size and weight of a big bag of sugar! This ruled out the Poang for me - remember that your core muscles will be shot in the first few weeks.

TimesNewRoman Sun 11-Feb-18 17:52:36

We have the poang in white with grey fabric. Just the normal one not rocker. Can't fault it. I keep thinking I need to get a footstool though.

CL1982 Mon 12-Feb-18 09:38:19

It's all about the Ikea poang chair smile You can get some really cute prints as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: