Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Worried my attacker is the baby's father

(8 Posts)
AnnaN1 Sat 10-Feb-18 23:06:32

Hi
On 28th Oct(sat) I was raped. On 30th-Monday I took Levonelle (36 hours after May I add)
On Nov 10 (when I was due on) I had bleeding for around 6 days - I am unsure if this was likeny usual periods.
From Nov 16 I was having sex with my partner every day until Dec 8 when I found out I was pregnant.
By ovulation strip I got a positive on Nov 26 (we had sex) is there anyway the baby could be the attackers child sad I'm stressing so much
I also had a scan on Feb 2nd which dated me 12 weeks. I had one Jan 15 also which dated me 8+6
What's the chance of the attacker being the dad

moanaschicken Sat 10-Feb-18 23:08:21

From the dates I'd say pretty much no chance, but I suspect it will always bother you unless you find out for sure. Could you talk it over with the midwife? Best of luck with the pregnancy anyway

Primarkismyonlyoption Sat 10-Feb-18 23:12:17

I am so sorry you were raped. I hope you are ok. Did you report it?
I think that you really need to think here, and have counselling quite soon. If there is a chance, and we here cannot tell you that, then you need to be prepared for that as a possible outcome.
As horrible as it sounds it is not too late to terminate, if that were to be the case. You need to talk to your midwife about this. Were you TTC with your partner? Does he know about the rape?
I am sorry not to help more.

thingymaboob Sun 11-Feb-18 00:31:54

The dates they give you add 2 weeks to the date of conception so I don't think there's any chance of it being your attacker. Have you been tested for STDs and have you reported it to the police? It must be causing you so much stress

AnnaN1 Tue 13-Feb-18 12:27:42

Thanks. It has gone to the police and I have told partner.
I just worry a lot about this. But when I talk to my partner about it he says the dates ensure it's his?

unicorncow Tue 13-Feb-18 18:45:04

You're about the same gestation as me and I would have got pregnant around 23rd November so you'll be about the same, your partner is your baby's dad for sure!

ClareB83 Tue 13-Feb-18 20:28:20

From your dates your partner is definitely the father. Sorry about the horrible attack op.

AnUtterIdiot Tue 13-Feb-18 21:15:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: