Talk

Advanced search

Toothache

(5 Posts)
coffeeX10 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:52:44

I had 3 fillings on Thursday - 2 amalgam (wasn’t told it was amalgam until after, midwife has reassured me somewhat) and 1 temp. However I still have toothache this isn’t in the same spot as the fillings, it’s right at the back and switches between top and bottom so maybe it’s not toothache and is irritation from the procedure - what I want to know is what I can take, I’m miserable and don’t want to be taking paracetamol all the time (I know it’s safe it just doesn’t feel healthy taking it every 4 hours) and it only works for a short period of time anyway.
Brushing with sensodyne is helping for a short while and if I lay on my right side (pain is on the left) that eventually takes it away. Any other things I can try?

Watto1 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:54:54

Clove oil is supposed to be good for toothache. You'd need to check if it is ok to use in pregnancy but I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

coffeeX10 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:05:04

Thanks watto - will send my husband to the night pharmacy and he can check with them if it’s safe (google, unsurprisingly, says safe and unsafe!!) at least that’ll be something else to try.

gryffen Sat 10-Feb-18 20:42:58

Clove oil is safe (used it) and get some dispersable paracetamol and gargle it around mouth to help wig ache.

Clove oil works great but burns the mouth when applying so I advice some coke or water to swirl around your mouth when applying (use your finger).

If it gets worse then pop back to dentist and remind them your pregnant and may need antibiotics if it doesn't clear up.

coffeeX10 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:08:47

Thanks gryffen I was wondering if maybe antibiotics are needed because the pain sometimes goes to my ear and temple

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: