Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sleepsuits/bodysuits/babygrows

(6 Posts)
Indigo89 Sat 10-Feb-18 16:51:46

...are these the same thing?

I'm a first time mum-to-be and I'm confused as to what baby needs.

Isn't a long sleeved and legged bodysuit the same thing as a sleepsuit? Or is a sleepsuit somehow different? Can baby sleep in a bodysuit?

Please tell me everything you know. I'm clueless! blush

FancyNewBeesly Sat 10-Feb-18 16:54:40

Sleepsuits and babygrows are the same thing.

Bodysuits are usually vests.

Rompers are usually like sleepsuits but without feet, and sometimes have cropped legs.

For most of the year you’ll need vests and sleepsuits for a little baby

HoneyWheeler Sat 10-Feb-18 16:55:11

In my mind babygrows and sleepsuits are the same thing and my baby has slept in them. I usually put a short sleeved vest underneath (the one with the envelope shoulders that can be pulled down). I use long sleeved vests if it's cold and he's wearing trousers as normal shirts ride up.

motherofmenaces Sat 10-Feb-18 19:01:21

Agree with both Fancy and Honey

Sleepsuit/babygrow same thing

Bodysuit is a vest, you can get long or short sleeve, most packets will have a picture

Congratulations bear

Nomad86 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:43:00

Depending on the time of year, baby will wear a vest (body suit) with a babygrow (sleepsuit) over the top. Clothing wise this is all they really need for the first few months, plus bibs.

Indigo89 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:00:41

Thanks everyone. Really helpful info xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: