Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

5 weeks preg and bad back?!

(8 Posts)
Alicejj8x Sat 10-Feb-18 16:13:53

Hello everyone I have recently just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant but clear blue digi is saying 1-2 weeks but I know you have to add on a few weeks to that.. anyway my question is my back is quite sore atm it's quiet low down it's not like I'm constantly in pain don't get me wrong but every known and again when I bend down i can feel it aching.
I just wanted to know is this all normal?

I have had one Mc before and we've been ttc since that mc in 2016. I have also found out in December 2017 I have pcos and have been on metformin since. I have been told to keep taking as it can help reduce miscarriage.

My symptoms come and go and some days like today I don't feel at all pregnant and then others I do! TodY I have felt very tired thou and occasional sore boobs

I just would like any advice/ reassurance
Thank you x

MrsL2016 Sat 10-Feb-18 17:08:21

Congratulations on your pregnancy and sorry to hear about your previous mc. Early pregnancy can be hard enough without your previous experiences. I had lower backache very early on in my pregnancy and it went off after a few weeks. I found putting a pillow between my legs at night helped because it took the pressure off my lower back and hips, and I also felt the benefit for the rest of the day, unless I over did it.

Alicejj8x Sat 10-Feb-18 17:54:07

Thank you @MrsL2016 that's helpful to know you also experienced it. I think with the previous MC I am extra worried lol.

Also where I feel just shattered today I'm worrying I've got no other symptoms of pregnancy. But I know they do come and go and where I'm only early on in to it sickness can take a while to strike I've heard I'm just thinking about everything and worrying myself lol xx

MrsL2016 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:18:42

All I had at 5 weeks was the backache and some occasional period like cramps. It was 7 weeks when other symptoms really kicked in. Everyone is different but I completely understand the worry about lack of symptoms and then being absolutely miserable and wishing them away when they do show up. I was so tired and nauseous weeks 7-11 and then it eased off again and the worry returned until my first scan. You can't win.

Alicejj8x Sat 10-Feb-18 20:15:38

@MrsL2016 it's horrible Isn't it!

That's good to know you was the same thou!! I keep on getting so confused with how far I am some other people on this site say just over 4
My app says 5weeks and 5 days and I'm just confused confused
I guess I'll know for sure at the scan and then if I am only 4 weeks maybe this explains the lack of symptoms atm but yes your right if I get them I'm sure I'll be wishing them away soon lol! We defo can't win.! Xx

MrsL2016 Sat 10-Feb-18 23:09:58

It depends if you are counting from when you think you ovulated or the first day of your last period (lmp). Midwives will go off lmp before your dating scan so maybe stick with that until then.

Alicejj8x Sun 11-Feb-18 19:18:00

Okay thank you smile I think I'll go with what my app is saying xx

Alicejj8x Tue 20-Feb-18 13:32:28

So I went for my first early scan yesterday and they think I've very early which I knew anyway

They couldn't find a sac yet but they did say everything is in the right place?
Has anyone ever had this happen to them before or have any advice on this.?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: