Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Early scan.. missed miscarriage?

(3 Posts)
Chloerutherford96 Sat 10-Feb-18 13:50:06

I had 2 scans through the NHS which the first one showed just the yolk sac. Went back 2 weeks later which then showed our baby with a nice strong heartbeat and was dated just under 6 weeks. I booked a private scan which we had on Wednesday to which the woman had a look for 5 minutes then told me I was having a missed miscarriage after my self and partner even spotted something that looked like a heartbeat to which we said was something to do with my bowel? I’m now on holiday and I am worrying incase she is right and there is nothing I can do until we get back which isn’t until the 20th of Feb☹️ Has anyone experienced this before and they turned out to be wrong? We’ve just had 3 miscarriages before this pregnancy don’t think I could go through another one.

mindutopia Sat 10-Feb-18 14:32:27

How far along would you be now? Did she do a vaginal scan? If it was a reputable sonographer and you had a vaginal scan, a fetal pole and heartbeat should be pretty easy to see at 7+ weeks (which I assume you would be by now). But even at 8 weeks, a sonographer had a hard time seeing anything doing an abdominal scan with me (even though I knew all was fine as I'd had a private scan a few days before). On the vaginal scan, it was an obvious baby shape with a clear heartbeat. It is unfortunately possible to have a missed mc even after 2 positive early scans. Did she measure baby and give you some idea of growth?

Chloerutherford96 Sat 10-Feb-18 14:46:58

I would be 8 weeks tomorrow. I had to beg her to do a vaginal scan which she saw the what she said was the yolk sak then removed it she scanned me for no longer than a minute. I had a disc with all of the scan photos on which she’s measured something which is 6 weeks 4.4mm foetal pole I think? She just seemed like she couldn’t be bothered at all to check for anything but when you look at some of the scan photos I can make out the baby and she said I had no blood flow to the baby although when she checked doing it internally there was loads. Just wish I could get some answers ☹️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: