Talk

Advanced search

Early scan.. missed miscarriage?

(3 Posts)
Chloerutherford96 Sat 10-Feb-18 13:50:06

I had 2 scans through the NHS which the first one showed just the yolk sac. Went back 2 weeks later which then showed our baby with a nice strong heartbeat and was dated just under 6 weeks. I booked a private scan which we had on Wednesday to which the woman had a look for 5 minutes then told me I was having a missed miscarriage after my self and partner even spotted something that looked like a heartbeat to which we said was something to do with my bowel? I’m now on holiday and I am worrying incase she is right and there is nothing I can do until we get back which isn’t until the 20th of Feb☹️ Has anyone experienced this before and they turned out to be wrong? We’ve just had 3 miscarriages before this pregnancy don’t think I could go through another one.

mindutopia Sat 10-Feb-18 14:32:27

How far along would you be now? Did she do a vaginal scan? If it was a reputable sonographer and you had a vaginal scan, a fetal pole and heartbeat should be pretty easy to see at 7+ weeks (which I assume you would be by now). But even at 8 weeks, a sonographer had a hard time seeing anything doing an abdominal scan with me (even though I knew all was fine as I'd had a private scan a few days before). On the vaginal scan, it was an obvious baby shape with a clear heartbeat. It is unfortunately possible to have a missed mc even after 2 positive early scans. Did she measure baby and give you some idea of growth?

Chloerutherford96 Sat 10-Feb-18 14:46:58

I would be 8 weeks tomorrow. I had to beg her to do a vaginal scan which she saw the what she said was the yolk sak then removed it she scanned me for no longer than a minute. I had a disc with all of the scan photos on which she’s measured something which is 6 weeks 4.4mm foetal pole I think? She just seemed like she couldn’t be bothered at all to check for anything but when you look at some of the scan photos I can make out the baby and she said I had no blood flow to the baby although when she checked doing it internally there was loads. Just wish I could get some answers ☹️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now