Talk

Advanced search

Chances of miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
laurenann Sat 10-Feb-18 12:46:20

Hello,
I had an early scan today, I am around six weeks and was able to see a heartbeat. I was wondering if the chance of miscarriage is still high as I am desperate to tell some family members 😁
Thank you 😁

Twitchett22 Sat 10-Feb-18 12:50:37

I think the chances are 1 in 4 until 12 weeks (nhs website will tell you more accurately). I told my close friends and family at 8 weeks even without a scan because I figured if I miscarried I'd want their support anyway. Plus its way too exciting to keep to yourself! And you have to remember that there's risks the whole way through pregnancy, even after you've told everyone after your 12 week scan you could still miscarry. Congratulations flowers

ClareB83 Sat 10-Feb-18 15:36:11

I think it's still around 10% at six weeks but nosedives dramatically if you see a heartbeat at 9 weeks to 0.5%.

LittleFox01 Sat 10-Feb-18 15:56:33

Congratulations! There is always a chance of miscarriage, however as you've seen the heartbeat it reduces the risk a little. I would say it's your choice if you decide to tell family this early. 😊 x

430West Sat 10-Feb-18 16:41:47

This is really useful.

The fact that you've already seen a heartbeat is a huge factor in your favour too. I know you're a bit earlier, but a heartbeat at 8 weeks means a 96% chance of a live birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now