Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How many babygrows??

(10 Posts)
Miajesse97 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:05:07

How many babygrows( sleepsuits) , baby towels and blankets ?

Sadhairdaytoday Fri 09-Feb-18 22:09:42

At least 10 baby grows to begin with. You might go through 3+ a day.
One towel. We only used our baby towel for a few months as it was so small and an adult towel was much more snuggly.

We bought/were given so many blankets that never got used. I would say 3 thicker blankets, 2 thin blankets.

You will want dozens of Muslins though!!

Believeitornot Fri 09-Feb-18 22:10:11

When is baby due?

Miajesse97 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:10:46

July Hun

Mybabystolemysanity Fri 09-Feb-18 22:12:41

If you are ok with laundry (tumble drier) probably a lot less than you think, especially in small sizes, as they outgrow them so quickly. DD lived in the same 3or4 outfits in each size, but I was lucky and she was quite a clean, not sicky baby.

Believeitornot Fri 09-Feb-18 22:14:57

Then you don’t need many blankets at all. Probably one nice one but I never used them in the summer. Instead I got some massive muslins which were useful as impromptu sun shades and thin blankets if it was a bit chilly.

I’d get 10 of each long sleeved and short sleeved baby grows but you can always order more.

3 baby towels - 2 always in the wash, one clean.

Sadhairdaytoday Fri 09-Feb-18 22:17:31

Oh yes. If it's a July baby then maybe one or two blankets (useful for lying them on the floor, or chilly evenings)

Get some romper (short sleeve baby grow. Like a vest but with shorts- more of an outfit than a vest)

My baby slept in just a nappy during the summer

Princesspinkgirl Fri 09-Feb-18 22:52:28

Blankets 3 towels 2 babygrows 10

Withhindsight Fri 09-Feb-18 23:01:28

perhaps consider sheets too, they are in cot etc a lot and bottom sheets get a hammering and will likely need changing when baby does after an incident more so than blankets, wet baby gro = wet sheets. If you don't have a tumble drier you will need to buy a few

Rae90 Fri 09-Feb-18 23:03:08

Don't buy too many blankets, you will most likely be given loads as gifts (we received at least 7 or 8). I would just get a couple of cellular blankets, you might prefer to use a sleeping bag for nighttime once your baby is big enough. We had way too many sleepsuits (again most were gifts) but we did manage to get DD into all of them before she outgrew them, was nice to have plenty of spares as we don't have a drier. Supermarkets are open 24/7 so if you do need more you can always buy them anytime. 10-15 should do you to start with.

I have always used short-sleeved vests but you may want to get a couple of long-sleeved for a summer baby as they're handy to use with a sleeping bag (so arms are covered but legs can stay nice and cool inside the bag).

And I wouldn't get too many baby towels, they are way too small! Normal bath towels will do fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: