Talk

Advanced search

Varicose veins😲

(16 Posts)
Hairgician Fri 09-Feb-18 19:39:37

So along with the other utter delights of pregnancy I've now noticed a couple of veins in my left leg that are looking like the beginnings of varicose veins!! 😲😣

Please tell me they will go away after the baby is born!! Im only 36!!

allegretto Fri 09-Feb-18 19:40:48

Mine didn't go away! (Sorry).

readysetcake Fri 09-Feb-18 20:44:38

I got one last time around and it didn’t go away. Now I’m getting another on the other leg. It’s vile and I’m only 33 sad sad

Hairgician Fri 09-Feb-18 21:24:58

Really?? 😯 ffs.
That's all I need to add to the spaniel ear titties and stretch marks.😡 dp has told me I need to get out walking as not exercising. Obv that won't be helping either. God I miss the cycle club runs.

BuckysRoboticArm Fri 09-Feb-18 21:32:56

Still have mine behind knees/back of leg since I had dd 3 years ago. They don't bulge out too much but are very green and very unsightly. I had some kind of sclerotherapy I think it was called on one leg and it got rid of it but in its place a huge bunch of spider veins popped up right after the procedure! They look even worse than the vein angry

I'm 32 and won't wear dresses above the knee. Bit sad really. 😫

Can we not just make veins trendy or something please.

Hairgician Fri 09-Feb-18 22:44:46

Looks like am resigned to a life wearing fucking tights with dresses. I hate tights.

Addy2 Sat 10-Feb-18 08:49:50

The walking should help prevent them tbh. Sitting or standing still is the killer. Wear pregnancy support tights /stockings and try not to gain excessive weight. I'm only 21 weeks and haven't got them yet but my mother did when she was pregnant at my age so I fully expect them to show up soon. And my legs are my best feature sad

Potteryprincess30 Sat 10-Feb-18 09:45:13

@Hairgician you are not resigned to covering them for life! They can be Lasered easily after you have the baby. Loads of places do this but do research into the best in your area. (Registered doctor/nurse run clinic ect).

I know for really bad ones they can inject them with this stuff confused but that sounds really painful and I think it's more expensive

Potteryprincess30 Sat 10-Feb-18 09:47:00

@BuckysRoboticArm if you got spider veins in its place these can be easily Lasered too , you may just need a couple of treatments smile

RainbowBriteRules Sat 10-Feb-18 17:36:46

Mine were terrible in pregnancy and never recovered (I had them beforehand though). No way can I afford the cost of having them done as I have been quoted thousands for both legs and not a chance of getting them done on NHS sad. Maybe in 10 years time when I have saved up sad

Hairgician Sat 10-Feb-18 21:25:29

Hmm don't know if am up for that tbh lol. Am a bit off wuss!😂😂

carpetbrush Sun 11-Feb-18 08:03:15

I have them and I’m 29 weeks pg and 25 years old. Not nice at all on the back of the knee but I have one on my vulva too and that is really really not pretty!

BringBiscuits Sun 11-Feb-18 08:13:21

Mine haven’t gone completely on my leg but certainly improved. Had horrendous ones on vulva though! Couldn’t stand without feeling really uncomfortable and there was nothing I could do to! Midwife said they’d probably not clear and had them examined by a male doctor (most embarrassing day of my life!). Pleased to say that they vanished as soon as I gave birth! So yes, some go, sone stay and at very least they’ll improve after baby arrives.
Get support tights. Don’t know if they work or help prevent veins getting worse but worth a try.

BringBiscuits Sun 11-Feb-18 08:14:06

*too

Hairgician Sun 11-Feb-18 09:16:37

Well I can't see my lady bits so no idea if any there or not 😂😂
Might invest in some support tights as I'm on my feet at work. (Hairdresser) was on my feet all day yesterday from 9.15 til half 4 doing hair, never stopped for a break so by time I got home everything hurt.

BringBiscuits Sun 11-Feb-18 10:37:36

I couldn’t see mine either but I had this really heavy feeling whenever I was stood up.
You need to take weight off your feet often. Unfortunately you have the kind of job that means that isn’t easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now