Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sinus and migraine pain

(4 Posts)
Lotsalotsagiggles Fri 09-Feb-18 19:25:21

Hi

I have an awful headache behind left eye and on sinus which just won't go

Tried paracetamol, forehead gel, ice gel and no relief

When bend forward my head pulses hard which makes me think sinus

Anything else anyone can suggest? Feel so miserable

Zebrasinpyjamas Fri 09-Feb-18 19:27:12

I had this throughout pregnancy. I used to inhale steam twice a day to try and relieve the pressure. I bought a cheap argos face steamer (as I needed a lot of steam to make a difference) but a bowl of hot water and a tea towel might be enough for you.

ijustwannadance Fri 09-Feb-18 19:27:26

Cold full sugar coke with paracetamol and lie down in a dark room.

Snorkmaiden85 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:58:27

I had a few weeks of terrible migraines around 12 weeks and my GP said low dose cocodamol (8mg/500mg paracetamol) was fine to take for a few days at a time but not long term. I took it in and off for 3 weeks and it did help take the edge off. I really sympathise, I have had terrible sinus pain in the past too but luckily not while I've been pregnant. Oh also Sterimar salt nasal spray helped me clear my congestion when I did have a cold - think it might have helped prevent sinus problems, might be worth a try as it's totally pregnancy safe. Hope you feel better soon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: