Talk

Advanced search

SCH shown on early scan

(7 Posts)
lookingforaline18 Fri 09-Feb-18 15:01:37

Hi everyone,
I've just been for an early scan. I thought I was 7w6days but the scan says 7w1day. First of all, is this something to worry about?

Also, the sonographer found an SCH at the top of my uterus (Sub chorionic haemorrage?) She said I will experience some spotting soon. Has anyone else experienced this because I'm worried. She didn't seem concerned but naturally I am.

Baby had a nice strong heartbeat at 154bpm and my sac is nicely formed, so the baby looks ok.

I'm happy and worried at the same time!

lookingforaline18 Fri 09-Feb-18 17:09:26

Bump

Almostthere15 Sat 10-Feb-18 08:37:18

I don't think the days are a huge worry at this stage. I had similar but it corrected itself by my 12 week scan, for a range or reasons it could only have been one day we conceived and I'm now back in track with that.

The bleed (If it's far from the baby) isn't necessarily something to worry about. It might reasorb is my understanding, or it may cause spotting. Did they tell you what to do if that happens, my epu said if small amounts reddy/brown to just monitor and contact them if it became heavy (soaking through a pad or red) but I don't know if thats relevant in your case.

Early pregnancy is so worrying isn't it. Its a great sign you've seen a heartbeat and I hope everything continues well for you

coffeeX10 Sat 10-Feb-18 11:28:03

I had scans every 2w (Due to previous recurrent miscarriage) and was gutted that the baby measured 5 days behind at every scan - my only successful pregnancy was my daughter and she always measured spot on to her dates so the 5 days worried me so much despite everything looking good. However at my 12w scan the baby measured exactly right and had caught up! I’m not 16 weeks so try not to worry, even tho I did! I had an implantation bleed (not the same as a SCH, so probably not much help to you) which was seen on my scans and I did bleed red fresh blood at 10w and then the bleed could no longer be seen by my 12w scan. Congratulations on your pregnancy x

coffeeX10 Sat 10-Feb-18 11:29:08

I’m *now 16w

Sorry bloody typos

MonaTheMoaner Sat 10-Feb-18 13:49:21

Don't worry about the days at this point. At 6 weeks and 7 weeks I was measuring small by around 5-6 days. By 8 weeks 4 days the baby was measuring 8 weeks 5 days and now at 10+2 the baby is measuring 10+3. Unless your baby is about two weeks behind and not growing, nothing to worry about.

SCH are relatively common and the spotting won't affect the baby. If you're passing clots, get in touch with the EPU but if not and it's not horrendously painful, it'll pass in a day or so.

ClareB83 Sat 10-Feb-18 15:26:29

I had a really big SCH following bleeds
at 9 and 11 weeks. But my twins were fine after both and it was reabsorbed by 16 weeks. Currently 24 weeks and both babies are doing fine.

It was awful and scary at the time with so much bleeding, but lots of us have them and go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now