Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Early scan at 6 weeks 4 days. Unsure of what I've been told.

(4 Posts)
Rennamb86 Fri 09-Feb-18 14:21:11

Im very new to this but will try to explain everything as best I can in the hopes that someone may have some insight.
I booked a private early scan for when I would have been 6 weeks and 4 days roughly. She did the abdominal scan to start with and after not being able to see a lot on that she did an internal one. She basically told me she didn't think the pregnancy was viable, that she couldn't find a fetal pole, my gestational sac (measuring 13x9x9) was irregular and that my yolk sac was large (around 6mm). She said the irregularity of the gestational sac could be because it has started to break down. I didn't ask many questions as I was in shock and wanted to leave. She has told me to book a scan for 7 days at the hospital which I have this coming Wednesday when I would be 7 weeks and 4 days. She said I could expect to miscarry. I hope if she is right about everything that this happens naturally before my appointment to be honest because anything else just seems to scary to me. So was I told (without her using the actual words) that I have had a missed miscarriage? Has anybody else had anything like this happen to them or can offer any advice as to what I can expect to happen next. I feel alone and in the dark. I have had some back cramping and I keep expecting that to signal the start of the miscarriage but have had no spotting or bleeding so far. I realise with missed miscarriage this can take weeks and I've actually had the same back pains on and off all throughout. Anyway, any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Monday2018 Fri 09-Feb-18 16:34:43

Sorry to hear that your scan has left you in shock and confused.

I've had 5 miscarriages and the irregular shaped sac is normally a sign that the pregnancy has broken down. The sac starts working it's way down, hence the irregular shape and eventually it works its way out of the body. This doesn't happen straight away thou, I think mine past about 2/3 weeks after x

Rennamb86 Fri 09-Feb-18 16:42:44

Thanks for feedback. That's what I thought. I was hoping that if it had already started the break down that mean miscarriage was imminent but I guess that isn't always the case.

HoneyCake86 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:28:56

Im so sorry you are going through this. Its bloody awful thing to go through 💐 virtual hugs 💐

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: