Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal?

(12 Posts)
laurenann Fri 09-Feb-18 14:13:01

Hello,
I am between 8 and 9 weeks pregnant and currently getting period like cramps and a lot of white creamy discharge.
Is this normal? It's not terrible pain but is fairly painful. Still waiting on a booking in appointment so haven't got a midwife yet.
Thank you smile

Muse84 Fri 09-Feb-18 14:16:07

I had one day where I had an hour of proper period cramps when I was about 15 weeks. Pains down my legs as with normal periods. Scared me a lot! Just drank lots of water and took it easy, didn't come back. That's just my experience....to let you know it certainly CAN be normal

coffeeforone Fri 09-Feb-18 14:23:56

The white creamy discharge is normal, I certainly have had it both times, especially in the first and second trimester. I also think its normal to feel the odd cramps early on and as your uterus stretches throughout pregnancy, but I don't think they should be too painful. No harm in calling your EPU and describe the pain/see what they say. They may offer an early scan for reassurance if you're having pain.

sara009 Fri 09-Feb-18 14:53:05

Hi there, I hope everything is fine with you. you should immediately take appointment with midwife or doctor. Don't take it easy. Though periods like cramps are common in early pregnancy, but I am not sure about the discharge that you are talking about. Wish you good luck. keep up updated here about your progress.

Hannahh1234 Fri 09-Feb-18 16:41:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

surreygirl1987 Fri 09-Feb-18 17:15:24

I'm 6 weeks and have almost constantly had the creamy discharge... and lots of period like cramps! Too early to know if all is okay but have read these symptoms are normal.smile

LaurG Fri 09-Feb-18 21:02:51

Yes! Totally normal and no one tells you about it. I’m 20 weeks and had these cramps until about 13 weeks. It felt like a mild period. I literally expected to see blood every time I went to the loo. Don’t worry.

At about 16 weeks they evolved in to what I would describe as ‘stretching’ pains.

Saz626 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:44:18

Yep, I remember getting cramping right through my first trimester and always dreaded going to the loo to check if there was any blood. The cramps felt like being on my period, had them in my back too.

Saz626 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:44:49

Should add I'm now 39 weeks and all has been fine!

Hulaballoo Sat 10-Feb-18 08:15:59

I had period like cramps at that time too.. Quite uncomfortably painful so I would have a warm water bottle, lie down and a paracetamol if I thought pretty bad... Sometimes it'd last hours but it was fine after resting and a bottle...20w now. Take it easy and give yourself some tlc xx

winterwonderly Sat 10-Feb-18 08:31:35

I had the painful cramps in both pregnancies around 6 or 7 weeks. I think it's to do with your uterus stretching or something. Also had creamy discharge throughout. But if you're concerned please do ring your maternity unit, that's what they're there for.

laurenann Sat 10-Feb-18 12:46:56

Thank you so much everyone! 😁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now