Talk

Advanced search

Missed my nuchal test now worrying

(3 Posts)
El1995 Fri 09-Feb-18 13:10:10

Hi there!

So basically I know I'm being silly, but I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant. I found out I was pregnant at 16 weeks and missed my nuchal test for downs syndrome. Since then I have had my bloods done and my results have come back as 1 in 15,000 or something like that. I've also had 4 scans, all of which have been totally normal, however I STILL have this irrational fear of 'what if my baby has a genetic problem'or 'what if they've missed something'. Does anyone know how to stop worrying or had the same worry? Is this normal? It's been bothering me for weeks now, this is my first pregnancy, Thanks :-)

gryffen Fri 09-Feb-18 14:52:56

Hi lass

Not quite same but the midwife was rather rushed during 12 week scan and the baby had been fed sugar so couldn't get the test measurements done and have blood test in a couple of weeks for DS instead.

I am worried as DD1 was fine and I don't care if baby does have it as I'm keeping him/her no matter what.

Ugh - I have to remember that 50 odd years ago nothing like our tests existed and sometimes medical jargon is a pain in the ass.

Rebeccaslicker Fri 09-Feb-18 17:26:33

Try to relax OP. You've had normal scans and that's a great sign. Statistically things are far more likely to be fine than not too.

And the 12 week bloods only test for a few conditions anyway. IF there were to be something wrong, the tests may not have shown it at all.

So don't beat yourself up for missing it. It's perfectly normal to worry; I think we all do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now