Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Threatened miscarriage

(4 Posts)
Songfulfish Fri 09-Feb-18 11:45:57

Hi. I am in early pregnancy (GP says 6weeks but I think I conceived about 3weeks ago). I had some brown spotting that started 4 days ago. Yesterday I woke up with red bleeding, small blood clots, mild cramping, and lower back pain. Felt like a period but it has slowed down again today -almost back to spotting. I panicked thinking the worst and went to my GP and he remained pessimistic and said it could be a threatened miscarriage. He’s booked me in for a scan at the Early Pregnancy Unit on Monday. Worried I have miscarried, feel defeated, confused, and worried they won’t be anything on the scan to see on Monday (especially if I would only be 4weeks by then).
Any advice??? 😢

zaalitje Fri 09-Feb-18 12:16:35

OP if you conceived 3 weeks ago you'd be 5 weeks now.
Guessing GP is basing his dates on first day of last period?

Songfulfish Fri 09-Feb-18 12:37:28

Yes my doctor is basing estimates on my last period

fidgetsmumx Fri 09-Feb-18 12:44:06

I’d do a test in a couple of days personally and see the outcome.
I had the same last month as 6 weeks (by LMP), EPU could see an empty womb so did a test and it was negative which confirmed I was no longer pregnant.
Good luck, I hope you get a good result xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: