Talk

Advanced search

Announcing pregnancy

(6 Posts)
anon135 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:37:09

Hi guys, i need a bit of advice. I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant, i was planning to go and see my family this weekend to announce it to them. I live quite far away so i don't see them often. Unfortunately yesterday my nan fell over and broke her hip, so she's currently in hospital awaiting an operation. I am still going down to see my family, but am now wondering whether or not to keep the news quiet while my nan gets better. My partners family already know, and friends and work will be told soon, so i feel a bit funny about everyone knowing except for my own family! What would you do?

itallhappensforareason Fri 09-Feb-18 11:40:05

I would tell them - a bit of happy news will be welcome for everyone and will no doubt make your nan happy! We had a similar situation when telling my family - my step mum's sister had passed away just the night before so we did wonder if we were doing the right, but we had already told all other family so couldn't not tell my dad and step mum. It was a really sad and stressful time for them but they were thrilled with some happy news!

gryffen Fri 09-Feb-18 11:52:36

Hi lass

Defo tell them, I told my mum and dad last thursday when they were visiting ill family in Berwick and they were thrilled - the next day my uncle died but everyone knew and it was a little hope to look forward too even through a total flip.

Hope your nan gets better really quickly and they will be thrilled.

ReggaetonLente Fri 09-Feb-18 13:04:29

I announced mine to my family just after my dad was diagnosed with cancer, it’s been a massively welcome distraction for both my dad and my mum too. They’re over the moon and my dad is really focusing on getting better for his grandchild.

I think definitely still tell them, it’s such happy news and a reminder that there’s still things to look forward to.

Thistlebelle Fri 09-Feb-18 13:23:28

I think it will cheer your grandmother up to have some lovely news.

I hope she feels better soon.

PersianCatLady Fri 09-Feb-18 13:24:13

Anon
You sound like a really considerate lady as you are worrying about your Nan.

However like PP I think that this is very happy news and you should definitely share it as I think it will make your Nan happy,

Also being in hospital for ages is boring and this will give your Nan something to think about and talk about while she is waiting for her operation.

One word of caution though, if your Nan is a knitter you may find yourself with more cardigans and booties than you know what to do with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now