Talk

Advanced search

32 weeks and scared

(7 Posts)
themightymelt Fri 09-Feb-18 09:56:19

Good morning all, name changed for this.

I had my 32 week check up yesterday. The doctor in the hospital measured my bump with measuring tape and told me it was measuring two weeks too small.

She had a look at baby on scanning machine and could tell stomach was a bit on the small side and the head was a bit on the big side.

She sent me down to the ultrasound department to make sure everything was okay. The midwife who gave me an ultrasound told me the stomach was infact very small and the head was quite big. She also found out from the Doppler my placenta is working fine, baby is getting enough nutrients and I've already had my glucose tests so it's not a sign of gestational diabetes. She sent me back up to doctor and the doctor said she will give me a growth scan in two weeks, that I will probably have to have the baby early (will I be induced/ sectioned- or are those the same things? Sorry first time mam here, young and clueless) she sent me home and that was it.

Has anyone been in the same situation, has your baby been okay? I keep looking at the report in my hospital folder and the 'abdominal circumference' is miles behind 'the average' it seems.

I'm so worried.

hiddlehihiddleho Fri 09-Feb-18 10:03:43

Are you feeling movement? How is his heartbeat? Once they're okay hun he's doing okay for now x

Upsidedownandinsideout Fri 09-Feb-18 10:07:36

DS2 had a 75th percentile head and 3rd percentile body, he measured small and I ended up having to have lots of extra growth scans in the third trimester, but they never identified any cause. He was born on the small side at 5oz 10 but was really healthy (if a little spoon-shaped!), and he's now 5 and still very short but healthy and bright.
Also by far my best labour, even with the big head!
Hopefully you'll have a similarly good outcome. flowers

sayanythingelse Fri 09-Feb-18 10:46:51

Try not to worry. Towards the end, i was being scanned every week with DD as she was measuring way below the 10th percentile. I was eventually induced at 38+3. They said they could have left me to go into labour naturally but they would rather induce as a precaution. She was born happy and healthy at 5lb 14oz.

Just think of all these extra scans as a good thing. I stressed out thinking that there was something wrong with the baby and the hospital knew that there was something wrong but it doesn't mean that at all. It means that they're keeping a closer eye on you just to be safe.

Blondemother Fri 09-Feb-18 15:28:33

I was induced slightly early as baby’s abdominal circumference had been measuring small since 25 weeks. I had regular growth scans and monitoring where you pop in and they stick the heart rate monitor on the baby for half an hour and have a look at heart rate/movement. Everything looked good so I was only induced a week early.

Perfectly healthy baby born at 6lbs and is now a healthy, petite toddler.

Try not to worry, easier said than done I know! x

NickMyLipple Fri 09-Feb-18 15:31:35

I'm also 32 weeks pregnant and baby is measuring small. I'm having 2 weekly growth scans and consultants appointments.

I'm going to be induced at 37 weeks because she's under the 10th centile.

I'm not worried about it at all- I get to meet her sooner and I know that I'm being very well looked after!

spagbol11 Fri 09-Feb-18 15:37:25

Hi op I’ve had this. Had to have weekly scans from 32 weeks, I ended up getting induced at 36+5, baby was perfectly healthy weighing 6lb 1. I ended up with pre eclampsia too. All will be ok- they will monitor you closely. Try not to worry flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now