Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Increased discharge during coughing fit

(5 Posts)
NooNooHead Fri 09-Feb-18 08:10:59

I woke up last night and had a horrible tickly throat and coughing fit and after coughing for about 15 mins, I felt a bit of discharge and quite ‘wet’. I am hoping it was just discharge and not anything else, plus it didn’t gush out or feel warm.

When I was coughing I did feel like my abdominal muscles and ligaments were very sore and the straining of coughing was quite painful.

Anyone else ever had a discharge / ‘leak’ when coughing?

gryffen Fri 09-Feb-18 12:00:24

Hiya

Yup and it drives us bloody potty.

I had that horrid cold during weeks 6-9 and felt like I had a tap turned on - freaked me out non stop and still does (second pregnancy and I'm just shy 14 weeks).

I do recommend that when coughing use a pillow against belly and raise feet a little as it takes strain off and some pantyliners help too.

My pet peeve with pregnancy is discharge aka the KY factory in the body. 🤣🤣

FloydOnThePull Fri 09-Feb-18 12:03:34

Yup. Every single time.

lookingforthecorkscrew Fri 09-Feb-18 13:30:19

I get loads when I poo, because I have to strain a bit more these days

NooNooHead Fri 09-Feb-18 15:59:01

Ah, thank you all. Glad I am not the only one! Looks like i’m going to have to start doing my pelvic floor exercises a bit more from now on! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: