Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Positive or false positive

(10 Posts)
Markygirl1995 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:31:39

I took a basic Tescos and Sainsbury’s test all come back as a faint positive however they then fade after a couple of hours or so which concerns me. I had a miscarriage I’m december took a test 4 weeks after which came back negative and had a scan and everything was gone. Can someone help or give an opinion as I haven’t had any bleeding for 4 weeks and 5 days now

Thatsanicething Thu 08-Feb-18 21:34:08

That looks like a very strong positive! I would get a digital test but I think it looks good.
Congratulations!

Markygirl1995 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:42:15

Thanks, just worried about it fading I’ve seen some say about a possible chemical reaction not sure if that’s possible or if it’s just due to pregnancy being early

Markygirl1995 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:43:57

Thanks, just worried about it fading I’ve seen some say about a possible chemical reaction not sure if that’s possible or if it’s just due to pregnancy being early

AnnaLuna Thu 08-Feb-18 21:46:16

They look positive to me. Had the same tests when pregnant and both had faint line like yours.

Markygirl1995 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:47:35

Thank you, I shall book an early pregnancy scan tomorrow with my doctor smile

AnnaLuna Thu 08-Feb-18 21:47:45

Congratulations Markygirl1995! flowers

Markygirl1995 Fri 09-Feb-18 08:21:08

Tried clear blue this morning for the first piddle of the day and definitely got a positive YAY

KathyBates Fri 09-Feb-18 22:38:01

Hi,
My very early tests faded and worried me too which resulted in me obsessively testing until they were strong and stayed there! I'm 12 weeks now and still did a test yesterday because I haven't been having any symptoms. First scan on Wednesday so hopefully all will be well and I can put my mind at ease x

Markygirl1995 Sat 10-Feb-18 08:43:24

I’m the same I’ve done so far 8 tests haha but seem to come back faded apart from the clear blue one

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: