Talk

Advanced search

Movement question

(5 Posts)
Ekphrasis Thu 08-Feb-18 21:13:49

I'm 26 weeks and found over the last week it's harder to feel baby as clearly - there's gentle movement and the odd kick but I feel like I felt more a couple of weeks ago.

I've put on a lot of weight suddenly in the last two weeks.

Could it be fluid/ me having a growth spurt (then he catches up later) or the extra fat I'm carrying that means I'm feeling it less?

When I lie down and relax there's clearly constant movement. I just was aware of more jerky repetitive kicks before.

jcsc Thu 08-Feb-18 21:18:47

Baby could have moved into a different position. I had this last weekend and panicked. I did go up the mcu unit and get monitored. If you have any concerns give your local 24 hour midwife department a call.

SmallBee Thu 08-Feb-18 21:24:54

It could be a number of things but if you are concerned about your babies movements in any way please call your maternity unit. The midwives won't mind at all.
Also look at the charity Kicks Count for more advice on movements.

Ekphrasis Fri 09-Feb-18 09:32:51

Thank you. I'm suitably reassured after an insomnia o clock wriggle kick party in the early hours. And this morning.

I think the other issue is that for some reason, I get completely constipated the few days I'm at work which seems to affect how I feel things. blush

Movements are more controlled I think now; there's also definitely a lot of turning in all directions (as I found this morning) so perhaps some directions don't deliver the same feelings as others.,

MommaVixen Fri 09-Feb-18 10:23:54

If you have any concerns at any time. You MUST make sure you call midwife just get the baby a good check over. Peace of mind for you at the very least and nice to make sure baby is doing great. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now