Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Horrible headache at 21 weeks

(2 Posts)
NooNooHead Thu 08-Feb-18 21:12:29

Had a really tense headache for the past few hours that may or may not (if i’m lucky) turn into a migraine.

In my last pregnancy, I had post natal preeclampsia so I am a little cautious about this with my current pregnancy. As I am a migraine sufferer anyway, I am not worrying too much but do you think it I’d be wise to keep an eye on headaches from now on?

mrssmith1415 Fri 09-Feb-18 04:26:15

I’m 28 weeks and got signed off yesterday due to migraines, I had them a lot in the first 20 weeks then had a break from them and this week they are back with a vengeance and I’ve been getting them every day. I’ve read they can be common in pregnancy but they are more painful than any migraine I’ve ever had before I don’t know how I’ll cope if they don’t stop. I’ve been told to look out for signs of pre-e but my blood pressure and urine have been fine.
I would definitely go and see your gp or midwife, I have been prescribed a medication that’s meant to stop them (dosent work for me) but at least then it’s on your notes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: