Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

1 in 10 for trisomy.. CVS clear but still worried

(4 Posts)
Alwaysaworry Thu 08-Feb-18 19:54:18

We were given a 1 in 10 chance for one of the trisomies at combined screening (and 1 in 100 for another), mostly because of a thick nuchal translucency.

Our chorionic villus sampling and fetal echo scans have all been good, and same for anomaly scan. Now not long to go - having regular growth scans which look normal although femurs on 25th percentile? I know shorter legs can be a soft marker but I think that's usually below 5th percentile or in comparison with high head or abdominal circumference (our's is around 50th for both.)

Was overjoyed at results initially but still worry as I know that CVS false negative results are rare but do happen. We'll love our baby whatever but I keep thinking it's too good to be true.

Has anyone been in same position and all was fine? Thanks

Alwaysaworry Fri 09-Feb-18 13:44:15

Bump!

123whatsmyusername Mon 12-Feb-18 06:47:34

I’m afraid I don’t have any words of advice, but I just want you to know that I’m in exactly the same position. High NT, 1 in 5 chance, had the CVS and was given the all-clear on Thursday. I’m just waiting for something to go wrong.
Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy.

Alwaysaworry Mon 12-Feb-18 08:45:22

Hi 123 - thanks for your message

I wish you all the best! There are many many stories online of people for whom it's been "just one of those things" and they've gone on to have healthy babies. Of course that doesn't stop the worry (hence my post!)

Saying that I've still been able to enjoy my pregnancy, the worry has been intermittent, so I hope that it will be the same for you. It's great news your CVS was clear!

I'll update this thread when baby is here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: