Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

I'm having a chemicals pregnancy miscarriage, do I need to do anything?

(4 Posts)
Febe123 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:21:41

I'm only 3 days late for my period but because of those early tests I know I've had a chemical miscarriage. I am bleeding a lot and have had cramps since day 1. It feels like the first day of a period but maybe even heavier. Do I need to see a doctor, is there any way I can tell it wasn't caused by ectopic ?

dingdongdigeridoo Thu 08-Feb-18 19:08:19

I’m sorry to hear that. You should get some sort of medical attention just in case there are complications. 111 is probably your best bet this time of night. They’ll either get you to go to A&E or might advise you to see your GP tomorrow. I really hope you feel better soon.

LisaSimpsonsbff Thu 08-Feb-18 19:14:29

I'm really sorry. If the cramps turn into serious pain or the bleeding becomes flooding (so you're soaking through pads in less than hour) you should seek urgent medical advice, but otherwise there's not much point seeing a doctor - there's nothing they can do, and they'll just send you away again. Again, I'm really sorry - I know how horrible it can feel, no matter how early.

awankstainonhumanity Thu 08-Feb-18 22:26:09

Sorry to hear this. You should be fine to self manage, rest, take painkillers if you need to and go easy on yourself.

If you get a fever, the bleeding gets so heavy you soak through a pad an hour, it smells bad or the cramping is unmanageable with pain killers then seek medical attention.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: