Talk

Advanced search

Heavy bleeding and cramping - but closed cervix?

(5 Posts)
Chris2315 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:19:34

Hi all, I’m 6 weeks 4 days pregnant and I’ve had a few problems, has very light spotting a week ago which lasted a day, then due to me having an ectopic last year I had a transvaginal scan and they saw nothing 😟

After that I had my hCG checked and it was just 147! Since the scan I started having bleeding and a bit of cramping, this morning the bleeding got to a period like flow and I was having clots, including one big finger length dark red clot! I went to the hospital convinced it was a miscarriage and coming to terms with it, but he said my cervix was closed? I’m having a repeat of my bloods tomorrow so that will tell more but I’m just really confused. Since just before I went to the hospital my cramping stopped and the bleeding is much lighter.

Marriageoftrueminds Thu 08-Feb-18 18:38:49

Hi Chris, so sorry this is happening to you. I’m afraid that hCG does sound a little low for this time in your pregnancy, but are they going to repeat in a couple of days?

When I had my ectopic I was bleeding like a period but my cervix was closed too.

Fingers crossed for you, hope you get some answers soon x

Chris2315 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:47:34

Yeah I’m having another set of bloods tomorrow, I dread that it could be another ectopic though 😟 I had one in August and the methotrexate was just hell 😟

Marriageoftrueminds Thu 08-Feb-18 18:57:16

sad I feel for you, I had conservative management so was spared the injection but it was still awful.

There was a poster on here a little while ago who had two ectopics and then two healthy pregnancies. I feel sure your time will come, even if this one doesn’t stick; but it’s so hard I know and that won’t be any comfort to you rignt now. Good luck for tomorrow x

Chris2315 Mon 12-Feb-18 16:49:56

Well my second blood test showed a drop to 66 so I've had a miscarriage sad the bleeding is much lighter now, but I've come to terms with it and we're going to try again straight away! Thanks for your replies though smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now