Talk

Advanced search

Confused after scan

(5 Posts)
Zigzag99 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:25:46

Went for a scan last week at 6+2 and everything looked as it should. Saw the pregnancy sac, yolk sac, fetal pole and measuring 3.5mm. Even saw the heartbeat.

Another scan today showed that everything had doubled in size but the heartbeat wasn't as clear as last week. I have been told it could go either way.

Have to go back next week for another scan but fearing the worst.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know what to think about it all really.

Zigzag99 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:33:21

Also meant to say that I am now measuring a week behind.

MsJuniper Thu 08-Feb-18 16:37:12

Hi zigzag, there's definitely a lot of variation in experiences of early scans. It means that unfortunately you can't be sure either way and it is an agonising waiting game I know (I've been there).

Have you had the early scans because of previous loss?

Monday2018 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:47:52

Hi,

I've had 5 miscarriages and an ectopic. The heart beat just stopped beating completely on my babies. But with my sister and neice they experienced similar to you, both their babies made it and are doing well!

Please try not to worry. The best thing for you to do is rest as much as possible and eat loads to make sure the baby is getting what it needs.

My niece had to go for regular growth scans as the baby was loosing weight and heart was weak. But her baby is perfectly healthy and beautiful.

My sister was told the baby would not make it and it was best to terminate but she wouldn't do that. Her baby boy was ssoooo tiny when born he spent 6months in SCBU and has had loads of operations, but he's now the funniest full of life character, running around the house.

Rest up and try not to worry x

Zigzag99 Thu 08-Feb-18 17:00:22

Yes MsJuniper I've had 3 previous losses and this pregnancy is following fertility treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now