Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bleeding at 7 weeks and in Romania!

(16 Posts)
Raintonrebel Thu 08-Feb-18 13:36:01

Hi all I'm after some advice.
My daughter has recently discovered she is pregnant (she will be 7 weeks on Sat according to her last period) and is due back from Romania this weekend.
This morning she messaged me in a panic as she was bleeding so had to go to a hospital in Romania where they did a scan and saw a heartbeat but said it was very small.

They gave her some tablets to take which are no-spa (anti spasmodics) progesterone tablets (duphaston) and some vitamins.

Should we be worried?!! She couldn't get much out of them due to the language barrier unfortunately.

Thanks
Cat

Snowydaysarehere Thu 08-Feb-18 13:38:34

Sounds like they did more than I have heard happens in the UK. Unfortunately at this stage its just an awful waiting game.. Harder when you both need a hug and it isn't possible just yet.
flowers

Raintonrebel Thu 08-Feb-18 13:48:48

Thanks Snowy - it sounds like they are trying to prevent a miscarriage when I have researched the tablets she has been given, so I have warned her this might not be the end of it. But - I bled all the way through being pregnant with her as I had a low lying placenta. Was really difficult this morning when she was on the phone breaking her heart and I couldnt do anything sad

Snowydaysarehere Thu 08-Feb-18 13:57:12

I have an adult dd and it gets no easier does it??

Chaosofcalm Thu 08-Feb-18 14:04:31

I agree about it being a lot more than in the uk. In the UK they would probably scan but not necessarily the same day and they would not give any medication.

The chances of miscarrying after a heart beat been seen at 6 weeks is significantly lower than pre heartbeat but that does not mean it does not happen.

andadietcoke Thu 08-Feb-18 14:07:34

I had a miscarriage in Tunisia without any medical care. The best thing she could do is get ready with some heavy duty san pro and painkillers just in case. I also carried a plastic bag to sit on on the plane.

Raintonrebel Thu 08-Feb-18 14:13:33

This is all great advice thanks I feel a little better....ish!
She has her first midwife appointment on 23rd but might see if we can get her in sooner.

idontlikealdi Thu 08-Feb-18 14:33:47

When she gets back get a referral to EPU, is some places you don't even need a referral.

BertieBotts Thu 08-Feb-18 14:41:42

Oh bless her. May be worth a trip to EPU when she gets back. Is she taking folic acid? Unfortunately there is nothing they can do at this stage so it's actually v positive they've seen a heartbeat and embryo, even if it is small. She might just be one of those women prone to bleeding, especially if you were?

AnnaLuna Thu 08-Feb-18 14:52:02

Is she bleeding a lot? Is it brown or red blood?
I am on duphaston too as I’ve been bleeding a bit with brown blood, it helped to stop the bleeding, unfortunately when I try to come off duphaston I start to bleed again. Had a scan yesterday, everything is good, heartbeat, I am 10 weeks.
Duphaston can help and no-spa is good to help to stop cramps.

Raintonrebel Thu 08-Feb-18 15:19:32

Anna she said it was a dark red colour.

AnnaLuna Thu 08-Feb-18 15:34:50

Raintonrebel, hope she is ok and will stop bleeding. The fact that there is a heartbeat is reassuring. Can she call gp or midwife in the uk and have a chat about it?

AnnaLuna Thu 08-Feb-18 15:37:24

www.tommys.org
This is good website and there is number to call if she needs to chat about her pregnancy.

Raintonrebel Thu 08-Feb-18 16:00:56

Oh you've all been fab!

ClareB83 Thu 08-Feb-18 17:51:59

I did the same to my poor mum when I started bleeding at 9 weeks in Miami. Was convinced I'd miscarried. Wore massive pads and cried on the flight home. Then went to EPU to find out everything was fine and there were two babies! I had a load more bleeding up to week 15 which was awful but then it stopped and had no more to date (currently 24 weeks and both babies are growing well and the bleed has been absorbed).

Fingers crossed for you both.

Chaosofcalm Thu 08-Feb-18 18:13:44

When I had early brown bleeding I miscarried and when my early red bleed is currently running around so the colour bleed does not guarantee anything.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: