Talk

Advanced search

Medications in pregnancy

(6 Posts)
greeny506 Wed 07-Feb-18 20:24:45

Due to go away in March and I get travel sick so normally take travel sickness tablets.
Currently 7 weeks pregnant and suffering from nausea ++, no vomiting. Went on a train last week and felt so so sick.

Are there any travel sickness tablets that can be used in pregnancy? I've seen that some people are taking Phenergan which is an anti histamine - normally helps with nausea... is this safe?

Thanks!

Scoobygang7 Wed 07-Feb-18 20:39:01

Yes that one is I was prescribed it for sleep issues. Around the 20 week mark.

Pollaidh Wed 07-Feb-18 21:00:05

Cyclizine is an old-fashioned antihistamine and can be used for both travel sickness and hyperemesis. Doubt a pharmacist will let you have it if they know you're pregnant. A GP probably would if you explained.

greeny506 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:57:06

Phenergan can be bought over the counter so am tempted to try some for nausea but nervous in case of teratogenicity....

mindutopia Thu 08-Feb-18 09:58:40

Go speak to your GP. They can check on what's safest and let you know. Or ask your midwife. I needed a course of antibiotics a couple months ago and my GP was excellent in researching which was safest and most effective to treat the infection I had.

polkadotpixie Fri 09-Feb-18 19:00:23

I'm on Phenergan for bad morning sickness. 25mg, 3 x a day. It's meant to be the safest treatment there is and it's definitely helping me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now