Advanced search

Obstetric Cholestasis

(5 Posts)
laura1306 Wed 07-Feb-18 17:55:06

How many weeks were you all induced with obstetric cholestasis. I found out late with my first and he came only 10 days early with barely any symptoms but 31 weeks and finding it unbearable with my second. I'm desperate to get to 36 weeks and be offered a way out!

SoFancy Wed 07-Feb-18 18:01:13

I had OC with my second child. I was 37 weeks when she was delivered.

My hospital's policy was to induce/go to section at 38 weeks and I was booked in for an elective section then (previous section, so couldn't be induced due to risk of rupture), but my liver function took a nose dive at 37 weeks and I had an 'emergency' section (knew the night before it was going to happen).

DD was fine.

I feel your pain, though. I wasn't diagnosed until 30 weeks but the symptoms were sudden onset and hideous (the itching! arghhhh) and just got worse and worse.

Are you under a consultant?

AnUtterIdiot Wed 07-Feb-18 18:08:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thetigerthatcamefortea Wed 07-Feb-18 18:30:57

I had it with both mine.
Diagnosed at 26 weeks with my 1st and delivered naturally at 37 weeks.

With my 2nd it started at 9 weeks. No body believed me and it was only when I privately had bloods done that it was taken seriously. I was literally in and out of hospital and having bloods done every other day all the way through. There was talk of delivering at 20 weeks which I obviously told them to get a grip.
He was born at 38 weeks having being induced.

I was advised not to have any more children for the sake of me and my unborn child.

Not sure I've helped you but I know how awful it can be. If you want to pm me then please do.
Good luck. X

laura1306 Wed 07-Feb-18 18:35:42

The consultant said to me 'hopefully we'll get you to 36 weeks' obviously monitoring me during this time and my bloods but with this itching I'd be happy to just have him confirm it now despite my levels! Obviously the longer baby is in the better but I associate how bad my itching is with how bad my levels are and I have a feeling it's coming on dramatically now! Waiting more results tomorrow/Friday then they might give me a suggested date that can of course be moved forward if it gets worse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: