Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Help give my head a wobble please...

(7 Posts)
littleblueelephant Wed 07-Feb-18 16:36:15

Just realised I have been using dishes from the dishwasher which has run but the tablet hasn't dissolved. Would the water alone be enough to get rid of anything nasty? Dishes looked physically clean obviously. Am in third trimester and super anxious about listeria and other horrible bugs sad

StealthPolarBear Wed 07-Feb-18 16:38:20

Yes. Happens to us all the time.

MissYeti Wed 07-Feb-18 16:42:18

I'm not clued up on all the bugs and stuff but I would have thought that if you weren't eating anything that could potentially have the bugs in the first place, they're not going to just appear in your dishwasher. I have no idea though, I don't have a dishwasher! Just seems logical to me smile

littleblueelephant Wed 07-Feb-18 16:50:43

missyeti my husband also wondered where the magic bacteria had come from but I still feel anxious. Also worrying about all the ready made soups I've eaten and whether I made them hot enough to kill everything now...

MissYeti Wed 07-Feb-18 17:43:39

I wouldn't worry too much (easier said than done I know) as far as I know, most ready made soups are pasteurised to kill off bugs before you even buy them

Talith Wed 07-Feb-18 17:47:18

You have an immune system. Dishwashers use very hot water. You will be fine. X

Addy2 Wed 07-Feb-18 18:45:24

Ready made soups often specify not to boil them. I think the heating is usually just to make them nicer to eat. They're generally pre cooked.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: