Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

2nd appointment and measuring small again.. Anyone had the same.

(11 Posts)
IsItSummerYet2018 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:06:36

So at 34 weeks I measured 32, which dropped below the line so was referred tm for a growth scan.. When there I was made to fell like I was waiting their time.. Yet It was the MW who sent me
Went for my 36 week appointment and still only measuring 33. So have to go back in a week then possibly another referral for a scan again.
I know its not that accurate with the tape measure but like she said they have to follow guidelines and refer to be on safeside
I just hope if I do have to go for another scan then I won't get the same old crow who made me feel like shit

IsItSummerYet2018 Wed 07-Feb-18 18:38:57

Anyone?

summerdreamz Wed 07-Feb-18 19:21:23

Yes happened at every appointment with my DD1!
I was always measuring small, so much so that I had to go for emergency growth scans on the same day. It was eventually found that I have low amniotic fluid at about 34 weeks but with no clue as to where it was going. Needed steroid injections as they were convinced she was so small she had to be delivered early.
In reality, I was induced at 40+2 with an extremely healthy baby. Only weight 5lbs 10oz and now I'm closely monitored in this pregnancy incase same happens again.

I wouldn't worry, take every scan as it comes. The chances are that your little one will be absolutely fine!

IsItSummerYet2018 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:28:56

Thank you. I didn't even think low fluid would contribute to that factor.. Makes sense to me now lol.
Thank you.. I'm. Just hoping she's a small Bubba and all is ok x

Cismyfatarse Wed 07-Feb-18 19:34:37

Yes. He was born weighing 8.5lbs and is now 6ft 3 and nearly 18.

summerdreamz Wed 07-Feb-18 19:39:46

I'm sure she will be!
Sometimes they do get these things wrong and all is well in the end. Luckily you're very near your due date so hopefully will get some proper answers soon!

IsItSummerYet2018 Wed 07-Feb-18 20:31:39

Yeah she needs to hurry up and come meet us the we know she's well lol.
Luckily too I only live a 3 min drive / 10 Min walk from maternity hospital so not like we're traipsing miles.
It's so hard as when had my DS I don't even remember getting measured! I prob did but my care was so crap and this time is Brilliant that they're so on top of it all

TheVanguardSix Wed 07-Feb-18 20:34:01

Yes, OP. With all of my kids. And all three of them weighed the same at birth: 8 1/2 pounds.

If your fluid is dropping, drink loads of water. I was told this with DC1 (17 years ago) and my amniotic fluid increased.

IsItSummerYet2018 Wed 07-Feb-18 20:35:59

I drink loads already.. Until I literally feel it swishing around inside my stomach. I prob drink min 8-10 pints a day lol

Tattybogle89 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:10:49

Yes I measured small throughout both pregnancies and was told they would just be small babies

First was nearly 10lbs
Second was nearly 9lbs

Not at all accurate!

Jodie567 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:23:38

Hiya yes totally understand how your feeling!

With my lovely daughter I was measuring 6 weeks behind. The whole way through, I had 4 extra scans and each time I was made to feel like I was asking for the scans! Made me not want to go!
My daughter was predicted to weigh 4lb 8oz and she actually weighed 6lb 1oz so try not to worry to much... They explained that my daughter was actually back to back and that's why I was measuring so small as she was nicely tucked up into my ribs!
Enjoy every moment and good luck as a mumma!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: