Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Can I eat this?

(13 Posts)
ThorsMistress Wed 07-Feb-18 10:57:49

Bought this today but DP says I can’t eat it sad I was planning to pop it in the oven to heat it for the specified time.

ClaireBear1986 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:02:46

I hope so, as I have been having this with my salad at lunch throughout my whole pregnancy (30w tomorrow)
When discussing my diet with my Midwife, she never said anything about me eating things like this.

I googled and it looks as if you can according to NHS:
"Pre-packed meat is safe to eat if you're pregnant
Pre-packed meats such as ham and corned beef are safe to eat in pregnancy. Some websites based in other countries may suggest that you avoid pre-packed meats when pregnant, but this is not the advice in the UK."

icklekid Wed 07-Feb-18 11:04:15

Of course you can eat it. Hot or cold. What advice is he looking at that says no? Not nhs..

zaalitje Wed 07-Feb-18 11:06:28

It's cooked chicken.
It's in date.

What's his objection?

ThorsMistress Wed 07-Feb-18 11:08:30

It’s his first baby so I think he’s been googling waaaaaaay too much! Thank you all! Will enjoy my longed for chick next sarnie!

DragonsAndCakes Wed 07-Feb-18 11:49:52

What was making him think you couldn’t? I’d just use the nhs guidelines otherwise it’s pretty confusing.

AnUtterIdiot Wed 07-Feb-18 12:00:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Buxbaum Wed 07-Feb-18 12:02:06

Yes.

QueenAravisOfArchenland Wed 07-Feb-18 12:05:50

How about he leaves it to you to educate yourself and manage your diet?

Oysterbabe Wed 07-Feb-18 12:05:55

Why does he think you can't?

UrgentExitRequired Wed 07-Feb-18 12:21:50

yes!

Ahhhhhhno Wed 07-Feb-18 12:24:05

Hey I think I'm myt be pregnant, I'd only be few weeks but I've been pregnant before and I got symptoms really early that time aswell. Gonna do a test today. But I was wondering I've eaten so many "bad foods" e.g goats cheese,pepperoni, had a single pint the other day aswell, it feels like I've been scoffing all the bad stuff and I'm so worried if i am pregnant it myt affect the baby. I worry to much sometimes. I just want the best for my baby if it does exist!

Passmethecakeplease Wed 07-Feb-18 13:58:13

It does make me laugh when people say you can't eat this and you can't eat that with nothing to back it up with.

Shy wouldn't you be able to eat cooked chicken?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: