Talk

Advanced search

Eating during pregnancy

(6 Posts)
Gem173 Wed 07-Feb-18 07:41:46

Hey ladies,
I feel like I don’t eat that well during my pregnancy. Am 11+1 but am not a veggie or fruit lover. However I do try to incorporate it into my diet. My daily diet consists of:

Breakfast: bowl of porridge/or bowl of shreddies and milk.

Break: Banana and a bag of oven baked salted walkers crisps

Lunch: another banana followed by tin of tomato soup and a Quakers Oats cereal bar

Tea: variety of things including half frozen pizza with salad, chicken and broccoli stir fry, fajitas, spaghetti bolognese with chopped vegetables in, fish fingers and salad, quorn chicken burgers and salad.

I feel bad because I do favour junk food and I try very hard not to succumb to my desires haha yesterday I had dominoes 😩 but now feel really bad about it! Anyone else feel like they want to eat relatively healthy but keep wanting junk food?

PandaCat Wed 07-Feb-18 07:49:50

I'm not going to lie, I have eaten a lot of junk food this pregnancy!!

I do tend to eat more in winter anyway as our kitchen is so cold I hate being out there, it's a lot easier to stick something from the freezer in the oven and get out or order something than it is standing there and cooking a meal from scratch. I'm not eating it daily though, and it hasn't done baby any harm. I might not have gained as much weight mind you if I'd pregnant in summer (would have had more salads and light meals) grin

GemmaLL Wed 07-Feb-18 08:02:13

Your food doesn't sound that bad to be honest! I've been feeling guilty because all I've eaten is junk food and sugar!!
As long as you're getting some veggies/salad I'm sure it's fine smile

mindutopia Wed 07-Feb-18 09:30:07

I think that sounds fine. Maybe try different kinds of fruit though besides banana, which can be really constipating. You may not notice it now, but you might really suffer later. Apples, pears, grapes, oranges, etc. are all good and relatively inexpensive. And stick some carrot sticks and hummus or a few handfuls of nuts in as part of your snack, maybe instead of the crisps (which are just air anyway).

mindutopia Wed 07-Feb-18 09:31:50

Also, don't beat yourself up. First tri is hard. I never even have an appetite and can't stomach a lot of foods I would normally eat. I had a few weeks when I ate a lot of lemons and haribo because that's all that really appealed to me. With my first, I mostly lived on fruit, milk and buttered bagels for a solid 2 months. I have a healthy diet normally, so I like healthy food, but early pregnancy is really hard. Just do the best you can.

Gem173 Wed 07-Feb-18 10:29:15

thanks ladies will deffo add more fruit and nuts into the mix on my next shopping trip smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now