Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Harmony test - no results obtained

(6 Posts)
Gizzymum Tue 06-Feb-18 23:10:11

I had bloods taken at 10+2 for the Harmony test and after testing both vials of blood they said they couldn't get results. I had bloods taken again at 11+3 and they called tonight to say they couldn't get results from the first vial so would try the second. However chances of it working are slim and they don't recommend a 3rd blood draw.

I also went for my 12w scan today (12+2)and they were unable to get the nuchal measurement (a variety of reasons - baby position, retroverted uterus, gas 😳) so I can only get the 16w blood test for downs on the NHS.

I'm freaking out as google (why do I never learn not to google) tells me inconclusive Harmony test babies tend to have a higher chance of having chromosomal abnormalities. I'm wishing I'd never bothered with the damn test - I didn't have it with DS and he's fine.

Has anyone ever experienced similar where it was all okay?

gryffen Tue 06-Feb-18 23:22:09

Hi lass.

Minion the squeakual here was flopping round like a jellyfish so no nuchal was able on the scan so I'm blood test too. I know their is a lot of factors to consider but it will turn out alright no matter what.

As for Google - three clicks and I'm usually dead! Try not to panic and if dc1 was fine, dc2 is probably the same.

(Not a medical person!)

Topbiscuit Tue 06-Feb-18 23:26:41

My harmony test failed in both pregnancies (blood taken twice each time) Neither had chromosomal abnormalities.

One common reason for failing is having a higher bmi or being taller (as that means you have more blood volume but the amount of fetal dna in your blood doesn’t increase so the % in the sample isn’t enough to analyse)

Gizzymum Wed 07-Feb-18 02:39:18

@Topbiscuit Do you mind me asking if either of those criteria match you?
I'm average height and not hugely overweight so have been told they aren't likely reasons for me.

Topbiscuit Wed 07-Feb-18 10:37:43

I’m very tall so put it down to that - having done the same frantic googling as you the first time. Hopefully your 11 week vial will be better news for you.

loka Wed 07-Feb-18 10:52:12

I'm another one who's harmony failed twice. I am also petite and slim .
My lo is 2 now and absolutely fine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: