Talk

Advanced search

Massively achey vag! 29 weeks

(5 Posts)
WhyTheHeckMe Tue 06-Feb-18 21:58:27

So sorry for the tmi post but seriously am I on my own here?
Second baby. Don't remember ever getting these pains with ds1. I feel like someone is pulling my bits in half. It's like the weight of the baby is so bad it's trying to push it's way out.
I'm walking and practically holding my crotch as I walk to support myself, and getting out of the car or rolling in bed is just agony!
Whats happened to me?!? blush

Princesspinkgirl Tue 06-Feb-18 22:07:33

Unfortunately its the joys of pregnancy i feel this way at 34+4

Emu31 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:20:30

It sounds like pelvic girdle pain or SPD - it's really horrible. I would ask your midwife or go for a physio referral asap as it can take quite a while to get an appointment on the nhs, or maybe consider a private appointment somewhwere if you can afford it. There are things you can do to help ease it but unfortunately it likely won't go completely until the baby is born - mine was bad around your stage though and then really eased up so there is hope! Some things the physio recommended to me were: not standing on one leg when putting on shoes/trousers etc. , rolling up a towel and placing this behind lower back anytime you are sitting (this was the one thing she really stressed), sitting on a birth ball when you can rather than other kinds of chairs, foldinf up a duvet under you at night and putting a pillow between your legs so that your hips are more aligned. Swimming os also supposed to be good but I've never managed it whilst preg. Hope some of this might help you! She did say lots of women describe it as feeling like they are splitting in half, to me it was like having been kicked in the crotch!

Situp Wed 07-Feb-18 09:23:07

Is it swollen? I had varicose veins there for this pregnancy which i never had before and they were horrendous. Just going down now 2 weeks post partum.

If it is that, compression and cool packs can help.

mindutopia Wed 07-Feb-18 09:25:07

It's quite possible it's varicose veins. Mine started around 28 weeks. Pelvic floor exercises and any stretching that is good for your low back and pelvis will help. I saw an osteopath as well and they seemed to improve after that too. I still have them (they'll go away after birth), but they don't hurt really.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: