Talk

Advanced search

Cramps in early pregnancy and worried

(6 Posts)
Littleredwagon2308 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:47:31

Hi,

I’m 4 weeks + 3.
For about a week (so even before I got my BFP) I’ve had cramps and they’ve become more and more present, and seem to be more intense in the evening.
It’s not exactly a period cramp, which I’d describe as pulsing, coming in waves, this is more a constant feeling.
They are uncomfortable not painful. They are bearable and I don’t need painkillers.
I also get sharp pains on either side of my groin, one or the other or both, often when I stand up.
Is this all this normal?
Should I call the GP or midwife?
Thank you in advice for any reassurance and advice.

Sugarskulllover Tue 06-Feb-18 21:56:29

@Littleredwagon2308

I had this from around the time you are to about 7 weeks. After googling like crazy and having my booking in appointment with the midwife she assured me it was only things stretching. If the pin worsens you could always call your local early pregnancy clinic and see if they will see you.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Littleredwagon2308 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:59:55

Sugarskulllover thank you so much for your reassurance.

I’ll check out my local hospital clinic.

Has anyone else experienced this almost constant cramping?

chocolateorangeowls Tue 06-Feb-18 22:00:40

It's very normal, don't worry x

pastabest Tue 06-Feb-18 22:01:00

It's very very normal.

I'm only just starting to not get the sharp pains when I stand up at 22 weeks. Had them in my previous pregnancies as well. Even though I was expecting them this time it doesn't half feel like you are tearing something!

Crampy feelings is a sign stuff is stretching and growing and implanting inside you. It's a good thing

Littleredwagon2308 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:13:17

Thank you for your replies.
I'm Grateful for having the cramps because it's telling me something is happening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now