Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

7 weeks - exhausted but all other symptoms fading away

(25 Posts)
SPNs Sun 04-Feb-18 21:54:58

I’m 7 weeks today and experiencing the loss of symptoms - sore boobs and nausea to be precise. But since they have started to fade, exhaustion has taken over. I wake up at 1/2am and can’t sleep (probably through worry of miscarriage) but then find myself exhausted during the day. Today I slept from 2.30pm - 6pm and am already so tired again at 10pm! Having already had two reoccurring miscarriages this past year. I’m terrified this is going to end in yet another missed miscarriage - I have a scan on Tuesday.....having never had a successful pregnancy I’ve got no idea what’s ‘normal’......

Rtmhwales Sun 04-Feb-18 22:04:33

I was the same way. Horrific morning sickness from weeks 4-7 endlessly. Then stopped out of nowhere and I panicked about miscarriage. It came back with a vengeance at week 8-10, stopped for 11, back at 12.. apparently all quite common and healthy during the latest scan.

coffeeX10 Sun 04-Feb-18 22:04:51

I had 3mcs before I got my DD - I’m now pregnant again so was looking through at my old threads to see when I started being sick (14w with dd but 10w with this pregnancy) and on one of the threads I’d written that I felt totally normal for most of week 7 before the hungover feeling came back at 8+3, hope that makes you feel better x

SPNs Sun 04-Feb-18 22:13:27

Thanks so much ladies for your reassurances that this could just be ‘normal’ praying with everything I’ve got that’s the case for me too xxxxx

coffeeX10 Sun 04-Feb-18 22:29:57

In fact to maybe reassure you even more, with my mcs I never even felt poorly (which is what made me worry when I felt ok at week 7!) and also your exhaustion is still a symptom so try and think positive. Easier said than done I know! X

SPNs Mon 05-Feb-18 18:36:42

Me neither Coffeex10! I think I felt queasy one day and that was it. I’ve felt pretty nauseous all day today and my boobs are definitely still tender today so am hoping this is a good sign. I’m petrified about tomorrow’s scan to be honest, I just keep hearing those words ....I’m sorry, it’s happened again’ - I remember them so clearly from my second miscarriage-it was like the sonographer had stabbed me straight through my heart. Dreading tomorrow xxx

Brownbear84 Mon 05-Feb-18 19:19:48

I'm 7 weeks today too and I feel physically exhausted,I had nausea last week but not sickness but I just feel drained. Just want my 12 week scan xx

Kiztok Mon 05-Feb-18 19:35:18

@SPNs my only symptom seems to be an ache in my lower back, but from what I've read it can all kick in any time!

Fingers & toes crossed for your scan tomorrow xxx

SPNs Mon 05-Feb-18 19:52:10

If I’ve learnt anything from all I’ve googled(!) it’s that no two pregnancies are the same!!! So any symptom/or lack there of, is all relative to each individual-makes second guessing seem futile I guess!!! Thank you for keeping fingers/toes crossed for me ladies - and same to you xxxxx

SPNs Tue 06-Feb-18 16:51:08

After another anxious and sleepless night, we went for our scan this morning. Baby measured in at a perfect 7 weeks three days and has a strong and healthy heartbeat......I couldn’t be more ecstatic!!!!!! Sooooooooo relieved!!!!!!! Thank you ladies for your reassurances earlier this week and best of luck to you all xxx~xxx

headinhands Tue 06-Feb-18 16:53:25

My morning sickness disappeared overnight at 7 weeks. Didn't actually have it again. My dsis never had any MS

Emmageddon Tue 06-Feb-18 16:54:07

Fantastic news, I am so happy for you. flowers Here's to the rest of your pregnancy flying by! Look after yourself.

Brownbear84 Tue 06-Feb-18 18:46:58

Aww that's exciting!! Now relax and enjoy xx

SPNs Tue 06-Feb-18 19:04:13

Thanks Ladies! You too xxxx

SPNs Tue 13-Feb-18 16:31:01

Hi ladies me again......as you know I had my first scan last Tuesday at 7weeks+2 due to two previous miscarriages and all was well! Baby was in good position with strong heartbeat etc - I was soooooo relieved.

I’m just desperate to get to 12 weeks scan now though as I seem to have lost sickness symptom and boobs are less painful so now worried that something bad has happened- I don’t feel pregnant I don’t even feel as tired and more, don’t even have any cramps or anything......might book private scan for next week as need some reassurance xxxx

Brownbear84 Tue 13-Feb-18 18:04:45

Did you see much at 7+2 on your scan? I have one tomorrow epau I've had pain in my tummy but I think It might be trapped wind or constipated? Just wanted to make sure xx

SPNs Tue 13-Feb-18 18:24:51

This was the picture taken last Tuesday at 7weeks+2 it’s tiny but there!!! And you can see the heart beating-it’s fab!!! I just hope it still is! 😢 I had loads of tummy cramps and trapped wind up to seven weeks but it all seems to have settled down now. Although that’s worrying me too, everything seems to have just gone back to feeling ‘normal’???? Can anyone tell me if this is ok???? Or should I be worried? I’ve had zero cramps or bleeding but then I did have those in my last missed miscarriage either????

SPNs Tue 13-Feb-18 18:25:36

*didnt have them

Emmageddon Tue 13-Feb-18 19:24:48

Try not to worry - although of course you are going to. Can you afford a private scan to put your mind at rest? flowers
I hope everything is fine, my early pregnancy symptoms came and went too.

Brownbear84 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:31:41

I had no symptoms upto these cramps starting!! Hoping we get to see something tomorrow if all is ok then xx

SPNs Tue 13-Feb-18 23:02:32

My husband thinks I’m mad and that we don’t need another scan but I just ‘feel’ worried.....I never had loads of sickness but mildly nauseous if I was hungry/tired.....but lately that seems to have evaporated-my boobs do feel more tender tonight so perhaps I am over worrying??? God, this is such a roller coaster of emotions!!!! X

riaviolet Tue 13-Feb-18 23:07:08

I'm almost 7 weeks in a few days time and getting bloating, very sore boobs and fatigue...

FrauNeuer Wed 14-Feb-18 07:36:15

Hi SPNs et al. Hope you don’t mind me jumping in. I’ve been reading your posts and honestly could’ve written them myself!

I’m 7+2 after ivf and have been pregnant twice before, however both ended in mc. I’ve had my first scan when I was 6+4 and everything was fine, good strong heartbeat etc, but I’m still terrified! I wake up every day thinking about how I’d cope if I mc again and I’m just a constant bag of nerves.

We’ve had the same discussion re early scan, but my husband thinks I’m mad, too. He says that all we know so far is positive, so there’s no need to worry. Thing is, that’s what everyone told me before my mmc, so I can’t believe a word!

Have you considered going to your gp or raising your worries with your midwife if you have one yet?

I’m a stats nerd and have read loads on early mc and everything seems to suggest that our chances of a successful pregnancy are really good after seeing a heartbeat but I just can’t believe it’ll be ok this time. sad

SPNs Fri 16-Feb-18 09:36:45

Wow - we are so similar FrauNeuer!!! That’s EXACTLY how I feel too! How are you getting on? I’ve convinced my husband to get a private scan next week as I’m just convinced somethings gone wrong. 😢 Can’t Bear the thought of going through it all again.......

Have your symptoms returned?? X

FrauNeuer Fri 16-Feb-18 21:44:41

Hi SPNs, wow it’s good to know I’m not the only one! wink I thought it was just me. Especially with everyone around me telling me to ‘chill’. angry Have you told anyone yet?

Good luck with the scan, I’m sure everything will be absolutely fine but in my opinion it’s worth every penny if it puts your mind at ease, even for a short while! Will you be about 9 weeks by then? I read one study which said that seeing a heartbeat at 9 weeks reduces the risk to less than 5%.

Over the last couple of days I’ve had some nausea and have been completely exhausted, but that’s it. I can’t explain how happy I was to feel sick yesterday! grin

On the negative side, I actually think I’ve gone down a bra size in the last week, which can’t be good...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: