Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

7 weeks pregnant and sick with the flu :(

(4 Posts)
paigeleeforever182 Sun 04-Feb-18 08:25:51

Hi everyone, I’m currently 7 weeks pregnant and I believe I’m catching the flu sad I have a runny nose/sore throat/and a POUNDING headache, I know that

Brownbear84 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:13:15

I'm currently 7 weeks and got bronchitis it's not nice at all,doc prescribed me antibiotics but I'm just trying to ride it out. Hope you get well soon xx

Minimonkeysmum Wed 07-Feb-18 14:20:40

If you think it's flu, the NHS advise that you should contact your gp or call 111.

Hope it passes quickly though!

BigBaboonBum Wed 07-Feb-18 16:15:33

colds seem a LOT worse when pregnant and chances are you wouldn’t be on the forum with flu. It’s quite common for women who have a cold to be feeling like they’re on deaths door and non-pregnant people with the same thing have just gained some sniffles or a slight cold.
Flu is bad without pregnancy but with pregnancy is absolutely brutal. I couldn’t move and had to be hospitalised. It’s unlikely but just see how it goes for now flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: