Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hcg at 2322 but can't see anything

(39 Posts)
Shannan Fri 02-Feb-18 18:38:28

I've been to hospital today for an early scan as I've been having a few pains they checked for ectopic nothing nor was there any sign of pregnancy in the womb other than thickening of the uterus. I've been through this once to many times do I just give up hope? Or do I have a chance of a viable pregnancy. My mind is going over time 😒

Littlemisssugarplum88 Sat 03-Feb-18 22:07:33

How stressful for you! Big hugs.
Did they not give you any reasons as to why your hcg was so high?! Xx

NimbleKnitter Sat 03-Feb-18 22:10:02

How many weeks are you? It's really hard to see anything in the first few weeks. Doesn't mean it isn't there

brizzledrizzle Sat 03-Feb-18 22:10:11

How many weeks are you? The hcg doesn't seem inordinately high to me.

Sorry you are going through this

Barbie0316 Sat 03-Feb-18 22:30:09

So sorry to hear this hopefully it is too early to see anything yet. Have you missed your period if so how many weeks do you think you may be? Fingers crossed for you hun x

Shannan Sat 03-Feb-18 23:04:18

My last "normal" period was Dec the 8th but I spotted for 5 days starting 2nd of jan which I thought was implantation bleeding as my periods are normally really heavy but I didn't get a positive test till last week and that was really faint and they've gradually got darker throughout the week, I have no idea what's going on I'm really hoping it isn't another mc, the doctors said they would expect to see something at hcg levels around 1500 and mines 2322 I've got another blood test tomorrow to see if they are going up ☹️ Xx

Barbie0316 Sat 03-Feb-18 23:17:42

Oh i see when you say the lines gradually got darker do you mean the same test you took or did you take another during that week? Sorry to ask so many questions. So your hcg level is low at the moment is it? Hopefully all will be fine. Ive read that your levels double every 48hours so fingers crossed all will be fine just try not to worry i know it's easier said than done. I also had MC back in November and was absolutely distraught its an awful thing to go through. X

RestlessLegKick Sat 03-Feb-18 23:22:52

I was told that hCG levels need to be around 2000 to be able to see anything ie a sac in the uterus and you're only just over that number.

Also, that number is way too low if you're 8 weeks pregnant, assuming your last period date is correct at 8th December. I don't want to worry you or anything, but such a low hcg at 8 weeks could be a big indication of an ectopic pregnancy.

If they can't see anything on a transvaginal ultrasound, then a few blood tests a couple of days apart are how they diagnose an ectopic. In a normal pregnancy your hCG levels should be doubling every couple of days.

I had an ectopic last year and my hCG levels were really low at around 8/9 weeks too.

Could it be that you just ovulated later than you think and so you're not as far as you think? During my ectopic I was 100% sure when I ovulated as had an IUI and ovulation was triggered so there was no confusion about dates.

Good luck for your next blood test and I really hope it's just a case of getting your dates wrong.

Shannan Sat 03-Feb-18 23:24:24

I've been testing every couple of days ( just for reassurance) as daft as that may sound and the lines have gone from having to squint to see it to been darker than the control line in the space of just over a week, and the doctor seems to think hcg are to high I'm hoping they've doubled since Friday! Sorry to hear that this is my 7th pregnancy and only carried two till full term so I'm a nervous wreck xx

Shannan Sat 03-Feb-18 23:27:24

Thank you for sharing your stories! They've looked for pregnancy outside the womb and there's no sign I'm hoping the spotting over the 5 day period in January was intact just a very light period but I couldn't be sure either way xx

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 03-Feb-18 23:33:22

The op is 6 weeks pregnant not 8 Restless.
Op those levels are still very low for 6 weeks , why does your doctor think they are high?
I hope your dates are wrong.

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 03-Feb-18 23:35:28

Thinking about it I really do think your dates are wrong as you would have had a positive much sooner than a week ago.

RestlessLegKick Sat 03-Feb-18 23:42:32

With a LMP of 8th December the OP would be 8 weeks yesterday (Friday).

My LMP was 10th December and I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow.

Shannan Sat 03-Feb-18 23:43:38

I'm hoping so, if the spotting starting on the 2nd of January was in fact just a light period I'd only be 4+4 weeks but I've never had a period so light it was on and off went from pink to almost a dark red colour but I did get cramps with it sorry for tmi I've just never bled that light before I didn't even have to use anything which is why I thought it was implantation bleeding.i suppose all I can't do is be patient and hope for the best xx

RestlessLegKick Sat 03-Feb-18 23:45:06

Good luck OP and I hope it turns out that the spotting in January was just a weird period and you're actually a lot less than 8 weeks.

Let us know how it goes.

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 03-Feb-18 23:47:23

Yes sorry restless and op I read it as the 18th! .

Shannan Sun 04-Feb-18 09:32:23

I will, I'll update after my blood test this afternoon

Barbie0316 Sun 04-Feb-18 09:53:21

Fingers crossed for you hun hope you get the news you want grin

Shannan Sun 04-Feb-18 11:48:05

Thank you!!

brizzledrizzle Sun 04-Feb-18 14:57:11

I hope it goes well.

twobambinos Sun 04-Feb-18 15:13:52

Thinking of you shannan. Hopefully it was just an unusual period in January and you are earlier than you tnink. Its so hard not to worry. flowers

Shannan Sun 04-Feb-18 16:26:23

Thank you, second blood test has been done now just have to find the patience to wait for a couple of hours for results xx

glitterbomb13 Sun 04-Feb-18 16:47:57

Fingers crossed op xx

NotMyUsualSelfToday Sun 04-Feb-18 16:51:38

Fingers crossed for you OP

Shannan Sun 04-Feb-18 18:11:37

Thanks everyone for your kind words my blood test has come back and my hcg is now at almost 7000 within the space of 48 hours so doctors are expecting a multiple pregnancy I have a scan on Tuesday fingers crossed il be able to see something!! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: