Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding in early pregnancy

(13 Posts)
NW070816 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:00:16

Hello everyone, I am 8 weeks pregnant and yesterday morning I had bright red bleeding with my first morning wee. By mid morning it had stopped and I had a private scan last night which showed our baby with a healthy strong heartbeat. However, I’ve woken up again today and the same thing has happened. I’ve had period type cramps as well. I’m not sure what is happening and this is our first pregnancy - I have PCOS.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m going to contact the midwife tomorrow to try and make an early appointment.

Thanks

nk1605 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:26:11

I think around 8 weeks your placenta starts to take over? I've heard if you have placenta previa it can cause bleeding. If you are soaking through pads though I would go to a&e. Just take it easy, hope the bleeding stops soon and everything seems to be ok with baby which is great as you saw a healthy heartbeat yesterday.

Hope18 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:26:48

Hiya I didn’t want to read and run, as you must be worried..
did they say anything about the bleeding at your scan yesterday? Sometimes people do have random bleeding during pregnancy and although it’s not “normal” to have it, it can’t always be explained either..
I don’t really have any advice just that your doing the right thing by contacting them again tomorrow. Some EPU units are open 7 days a week are you sure yours isn’t open today?
Wishing you all the best tho flowers keep us updated xx

NW070816 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:30:29

Thanks for the support. The bleeding only happens with first wee and has stopped again. The sonographer said it could be a blood vessel. The blood is only there when I first wipe - it’s not in pads and no clots. I spoke with a doctor yesterday via 111 who said the unit is closed at the weekend - that’s why I paid for a private scan. I feel ok apart from mild cramps.

mintich Sun 28-Jan-18 09:34:23

I had bleeding all through my pregnancy! I was forever getting scans to double check. They said it was my uterus wall tearing. I literally had a bump at 8 weeks!

NW070816 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:36:48

Ah I can’t imagine having this all through my pregnancy - my nerves are shot!!!

Hope18 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:42:27

At least the blood doesn’t have clots and isn’t going onto a pad or anything smile just rest today and contact them in the morning, they may just tell you the same about your blood vessels and say to monitor it.. like others have said it’s great that you saw a healthy heartbeat yesterday smile try not to worry yourself too much x

NW070816 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:44:01

Thank you

Hope18 Sat 03-Feb-18 09:05:44

Hey NW070816 how are you getting on? smile

NW070816 Sat 03-Feb-18 09:24:12

Hiya, I’m good thank you. Had a second scan on Monday and baby was absolutely fine!!! I’m thrilled and had no more bleeding since. How are you? X

Hope18 Sat 03-Feb-18 10:31:05

Yay that’s so good to hear! Yeah it’s been a good week for me too. No spotting all week just seem to have a lot of CM but it’s just clear ? ( sorry for tmi) but I’ve read online and it seems to be normal?? Also the odd twinge down below but nothing major not like cramps
Or anything ?? have you had any like this. ? X

NW070816 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:42:57

I haven’t had that yet and all seems calm at the moment apart from feeling nauseous most days though and can’t sleep properly! Good practise for when the baby arrives though! Hope you’re well! Xx

Phelpsyxx Sat 10-Feb-18 20:15:43

Hi Ladies, also had bleeding from around 6 weeks up until 11 weeks. I also have PCOS. It wasn't a lot and mostly when I wiped and would flare up every 4/5 days, but they found I had cervical erosion. Due to the hormones apparently. Doesn't harm the baby but can cause this bleeding... Whenever I saw someone they would just continually scan me so it never showed up as baby was fine... Fingers crossed it's just gone for good! So scary though x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now