Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Could I be pregnant?

(4 Posts)
JadeNLaw Tue 23-Jan-18 22:58:37

A few days after my period (this was about 5 days ago) my fiance and I had sex. The condom broke and he ejaculated just outside of me as he pulled out. I was fine for a few days up until about three days ago. I've been feeling very nauseous normally around 11pm. I've started eating a lot more than what I usually do. My back has started to hurt and I've began to become short of breath very quickly. Earlier today I had a very painful shooting pain in my lower abdomen which went done into my groin area. My partner said I should wait until my period is due to see what happens and then take a home pregnancy test, but I thought it would be worth asking on here as well. Sorry if this sounds stupid, I don't really know much about pregnancy and things like that. confused

ClareB83 Tue 23-Jan-18 23:05:55

You don't normally ovulate until around 14 days after you start your period. So it doesn't immediately sound like your pregnant. Plus most people don't get lots of symptoms in the first week or so as the egg hasn't even implanted yet.

But sperm can survive for up to a week and withdrawal is not a good contraceptive.

So you should take a pregnancy test if your period doesn't come.

1stX Tue 23-Jan-18 23:09:25

If your period 5 days ago it’s unlikely that you’ve ovulated yet so I wouldn’t stress too much. Unfortunately you are going to have to wait and see as it’s too soon to tell x

Intelinside Wed 24-Jan-18 07:16:11

Those symptoms sound like someone who is 6 - 9 weeks pregnant rather than less than a week since conception. Any chance you are pregnant from another earlier time?

There are only 5/6 days a month you can get pregnant as the egg, which is released at ovulation (around 2 weeks after the first day of your period) lives for 24 hours and sperm for 3. The days you can get pregnant are three days prior to the egg releasing, the day the egg is released and the day after that. After that, the egg is not able to be fertilised and then you'll have your period around 2 weeks later.

I'm not an expert though so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now