Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Going to dentist at 38 weeks' pregnant

(8 Posts)
bananagrabber Tue 23-Jan-18 14:44:42

Any problem with doing this? I feel fine although am obviously huge. Just a routine appointment and clean but haven't been in an embarrassingly long time (years) and am slightly worried about a front tooth. Just realised if I don't go NOW I'll probably not have the chance to go for months. But bit worried in case I need any procedure - booked in for ELCS in a few days!

bananagrabber Tue 23-Jan-18 14:50:52

and the dentist office says it's fine from their POV.

TheBitterBoy Tue 23-Jan-18 14:51:46

Definitely go - teeth in pregnancy are more vulnerable - this is why you get free treatment when you are pregnant.

itshappening Tue 23-Jan-18 15:16:24

I think the dentist should tell you if the appointment is inappropriate. I don't think they will do anything beyond a check and a clean. If you are not in significant pain then even if anything else does need doing they will probably leave it till after the birth.

mindutopia Tue 23-Jan-18 18:04:31

Absolutely fine and yes, definitely go. It will be really hard to go with a baby in tow. I just went for my check up 2 weeks ago when I was 35 weeks.

Melamin Tue 23-Jan-18 18:07:53

Definitely worth getting them descaled before the onslaught of hormones and disordered living and toothbrushing.

I used to eat mars bars in the night. I really don't recommend it.

BunnyTeapot Tue 23-Jan-18 18:08:29

Checks ups are fine, any treatment will be booked for after you've had your baby.

bananagrabber Tue 23-Jan-18 23:04:56

thanks - feeling like an idiot for not going before now but cannot think of a time when I'd've a) been able to and b) gotten an appointment blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: