Talk

Advanced search

TMI in post but worried about CM!

(52 Posts)
MissSophieB397 Tue 23-Jan-18 14:08:45

Been having light brown discharge when I wipe since yesterday. It's getting lighter now and I went to my GP who rang our local Epau but they advised due to me being 5+5 to just see how it goes and retest next week to see if it's still positive. I have my first midwife appointment Monday but I wanted opinions - see photo (sorry tmi) does this seem normal? I've only had slight twinges nothing painful and no blood as far as I've noticed! Just worried as I love this little bean so much already.

JediStoleMyBike Tue 23-Jan-18 14:13:52

Early pregnancy is so hard, isn't it?
In my first I had brown stringy bleeding that turned red the next day. I moscarried.
The second pregnancy I had a brown discharge that went on for weeks. Had bloods taken and scans done and all was fine. My DD is 10 months old and totally gorgeous!
Third pregnancy (14 weeks in) I again had brown discharge that went on for a few days (before I knew I was pregnant, assumed start of period) and this seems to be going fine too.
I know it's no reassurance but it wasn't the colour for me that was an issue but seemingly consistency that dictated something was going wrong.
In your case it could be something as simple as old blood from implantation making an appearance. Try not to panic just yet if there's no pain or cramping. Is there an EPU you can speak to? I know how hard it is not to obsessively knicker watch and panic though so you have my sympathy flowers

MissSophieB397 Tue 23-Jan-18 15:18:42

@JediStoleMyBike thank you for your response! I'm trying to tell myself it's nothing but there's the constant thought somethings not right! My doctor rang my epu who said to see if it gets worse. If something changes I can call them but they said for now to just see how it goes. They weren't that helpful but it's because they can't do much with me being only 5+5, just a waiting game 😞 xx

Allieeyes Tue 23-Jan-18 15:21:13

Don't be panicking! I had worse than this with my third pregnancy. Just keep an eye, note any differences in the calendar of your phone. If you experience any sharp pains or bright red blood then go and get checked out immediately.

JediStoleMyBike Tue 23-Jan-18 16:41:06

I'm really sorry you are going through this MissSophie. It's all one big unknown at this point and I know how hard it is to stay calm when you just want to know what's going on. I know it doesn't feel like it but the EPU are trying to do what's right - I had a very early scan with my second pregnancy and it made things so much worse. I should have been like 7 weeks gone by my period but when they scanned they found a pregnancy at 5 weeks which left me with a 10 day wait then expecting the very worst. Turns out I'd ovulated weirdly late and everything was fine. The same with this more recent pregnancy. Realistically there's nothing really that can be done either way but waiting it out.
Why do you feel like something isn't right? Is there a reason or is it purely anxiety based?
Do you think you could ask for your bloods to be done? That would be a good indication.

MissSophieB397 Tue 23-Jan-18 17:17:55

@JediStoleMyBike I was fine up until this point and I've not had a butload of symptoms yet but I know I'm only early on! Il try keep calm but I can even sometimes feel this stuff dripping out but when I wipe it's only small bits and very light brown. Just hope it's okay 💞 my anxiety is getting the better of me I guess.

JediStoleMyBike Tue 23-Jan-18 17:23:50

I've got my fingers crossed for you. There's an increase in CM during pregnancy that can leave you feeling a bit like that so that in itself isn't a panic. They get your bloods done 🙂

MissSophieB397 Wed 24-Jan-18 07:28:17

Now it's gone an orangey colour 😞 going to ring epu today I'm not sure this is normal

JediStoleMyBike Wed 24-Jan-18 08:21:15

Try not to panic just yet. Give them a call and see what they say but I wouldn't assume it's doom and gloom just yet. Thinking about you either way flowers here if you need a chat / handhold.

MissSophieB397 Wed 24-Jan-18 18:24:01

@JediStoleMyBike I'm at epu tomorrow for a scan but I've stopped having it when I wipe now so hopefully it's nothing. My tests are still super positive too!

peachgreen Wed 24-Jan-18 18:32:05

I had this at 6+3 and 8+5 - am now 40 weeks exactly with a very happy and healthy baby kicking me in the ribs! 😂

JediStoleMyBike Wed 24-Jan-18 18:35:46

That is super super positive still, which is a good sign! What time is your appointment?
It's also a really good sign that the discharge has stopped. Like I said, it could just be old blood coming away which happened in both of my successful pregnancies so I wouldn't panic too much just yet 🙂 Obviously there's no telling before a scan but without cramping and pain it isn't all doom and gloom, some people bleed red blood for ages and still go on to have successful pregnancies after all.

MissSophieB397 Wed 24-Jan-18 19:40:00

@peachgreen that makes me feel better! Think I'm just being too overly worried but i just want to have a healthy baby 💞
@JediStoleMyBike thank you for your support you've been a gem! Il update tomorrow and see what the scan shows, hopefully a full yolk still there! 😊

JediStoleMyBike Wed 24-Jan-18 22:25:33

Good luck for tomorrow, I've got everything crossed for you 🙂

JediStoleMyBike Wed 24-Jan-18 22:25:43

Good luck for tomorrow, I've got everything crossed for you 🙂

JediStoleMyBike Thu 25-Jan-18 14:28:14

Hoping for good news for you today x

wishfulthinker81 Thu 25-Jan-18 16:08:41

How did you get on today? Been thinking about you xxx

MissSophieB397 Thu 25-Jan-18 18:04:25

Hi everyone, so I went for a scan and I'm looking less than 5 weeks so they couldn't see an embryo as I'm either too early for them to see anything or I lost the baby but they didn't mention anything about that. They just said I'm too early too tell so I'm going back in two weeks. We saw the sack but if I am under 5 weeks you can't see much more than that anyway. The spotting has stopped and it was never blood so hopefully I'm okay! I still get positive tests so I'm hoping I'm just too early. Il update when I'm next back there 😊 trying to be hopeful xx

autumncountryrose Thu 25-Jan-18 18:06:43

I hope all goes well for you!

I had spotting (brown and on one occasion bright red) at 6 weeks, 9 weeks, 11 weeks and 14 weeks due to cervical erosion. My lovely midwife did say it's more common to spot that people realise.

Fingers crossed for you xx 🤞🏻

JediStoleMyBike Thu 25-Jan-18 18:31:00

Aw MissSophie, hang in there. I'm sorry you didn't get that "it's all totally fine, look here's the proof" response you were no doubt wanting but what they've seen isn't necessarily a bad thing really! Are you sure when you ovulated? Chances are a few days / a week out and that could make up for what you saw. Even days at this point can make a hell of a difference in terms of growth.
How are you feeling in yourself? Thread is here if you need to chat obviously, plenty of us rooting for you ❤️

wishfulthinker81 Thu 25-Jan-18 18:49:12

Hang in there! I was scanned when I wasn't even measuring 4 weeks! Was told to go back 2 weeks later which I did and ended up measuring as 8 weeks! Don't stress, just distract yourself as much as you can xxx

MissSophieB397 Thu 25-Jan-18 20:52:10

@JediStoleMyBike funnily enough I feel okay. I think I am just earlier on than I felt like and because my orange spotting and brown spotting has stopped - no pain before or now, I can't of lost the baby. So hopefully all is fine! Trying to think positive because so far I have no reason to be negative 😊💞 thank you for your support I do appreciate it!

@wishfulthinker81 that makes me a lot more hopeful! I could just of ovulated later than I thought, my periods are irregular!

wishfulthinker81 Thu 25-Jan-18 21:11:11

@MissSophieB397 exactly Hun, there's every possibility available at the min so stay positive xxx

Strawberryshortcake40 Thu 25-Jan-18 21:16:58

I had bleeding with all three of my pregnancies around the 4-6 week mark. Not just spotting but enough to actually need a towel changing every few hours. No idea why and I've got three daughters who arrived safely despite that.
Hope all goes well for you

MissSophieB397 Thu 25-Jan-18 21:21:56

@Strawberryshortcake40 my mum was the same with all 4 of us kids! She had full "periods" with me ha ha! So I'm definitely a lot more hopeful now 😊 thank you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now